Reporting to the Associate Director, Compensation, the compensation manager is responsible for assisting in the management of compensation and reward programs, making sure they are competitive and maintaining Moderna as a great place to work. The compensation manager plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to be responsive to the company's goals and competitive practices. This position is also responsible for ensuring through audits, legal reports and personal interactions that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan and process revisions as well as new cost-effective solutions consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives; coordinates implementation and provides guidance to corporate staff and line managers.
- Provides advice to HR Business Partners and Talent Acquisition Partners on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretation, and job evaluation, including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs.
- Maintains and updates career levels and job titles, make sure procedures are documented for training purposes.
- Manages the administration of broad-based compensation programs (exempt and nonexempt cash compensation), including the processing, recording and reporting of compensation-related actions related to employees in Workday, improving workflows.
- Supports the annual review process by making improvements to the compensation module in Workday and assisting with reports for the executive committee and/or compensation committee/board.
- Supervises the participation in, conducts and/or purchases third party salary surveys to ensure that base salary, bonus, equity, job titling is competitive.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws and regulations to ensure company compliance.
- Innovates to come up with new processes that maximize use of technology to support routine tasks e.g. promotion, comp changes, equity grants.
- Promotes our recognition programs and increases utilization including reporting to HR Business Partners, managers and the Executive Committee.
- Ensures all compensation actions are fed through to our payroll systems and any issues are investigated and resolved.
- Develops meaningful dashboards and reports of analyses for total rewards staff, managers, EC members and HRBPs.
- Assists in the development of other policies around compensation, e.g. shift differential, on call, overtime, etc.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, human resources or related field.
- Six years of progressively responsible experience in compensation.
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to compensation base and incentive compensation programs, company policies, and operations.
- Experience in a Life Sciences/Pre- or Post-Commercial Biopharmaceutical company
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Certified Compensation Professional credential.
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively collaborate effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional matrix environment.
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- On-site subsidized cafeteria or catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Free annual corporate membership to Bluebikes
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
- 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
- Eligible for "Moderna Month" (one month paid sabbatical after five years of service and eligible for additional one month paid sabbatical every 3 years thereafter)
- Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)