The Manager, Compensation will be responsible for the following:
- Manage the fiscal year Bonus accrual process for Komatsu America Corp.
- Support the global job evaluation process.
- Develop competitive salary and wage structures for salaried staff, non-exempt and hourly employees.
- Manage the Annual Employee Bonus and Salary Administration Programs for KAC.
- Provide guidance and support to Compensation Analyst.
- KAC # of employees: 3190
- FY19 KAC Projected Revenues: $ 5.3 Billion
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage the fiscal year Bonus accrual process for KAC.
- Conduct job evaluations. Handle requests, market research, hay point/grade recommendation and communication of results.
- Annually develop and recommend country pay structures for salaried employees and support the development of the non-exempt and hourly ranges based on local market data.
- Manage the Annual Employee Bonus and Merit Increase Processes. Determine the schedule/timeline of activities, develop instructions and communications for local HR.
- Lead special projects such as system implementations and job evaluation projects and completes special requests for senior management for internal decision making.
- Maintain a rapport with global HR that facilitates a cooperative working relationship serving as Compensation Center of Excellence to support them in supporting the business needs. For example, provide support and review for off cycle increase and spot bonus requests.
- Provide advice and guidance to HR Managers/Generalists on exempt and non-exempt salary administration topics, salary survey development and analysis, structure development, job description techniques, and position evaluations.
- Maintain state of the art knowledge regarding compensation issues and advise HR relative to these issues, including advice on FLSA exemption status.
- Develop and present salary administration and job evaluation training to field locations.
- Mentor, provide guidance, and support to Compensation Analyst.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or other related field with a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant human resources/compensation/information systems experience. An MBA is preferred. Professional designations (CCP, PHR, SPHR) highly desirable.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of HR compensation practices, performance management programs and HRIS.
- Prior experience in point factor evaluation and salary administration systems preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, analytical skills, problem solving, attention to detail and a high degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and recommend and implement solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced deadline oriented and rapidly changing business environment.
- Strong Excel data analysis skills and experience with business information systems, preferably SAP with experience with Enterprise Compensation Management, Employee Central and Success Factors Compensation Module.