POSITION SUMMARYThe Manager of Competitions is a business-oriented professional who has experience running and executing events. This individual will be responsible for driving revenue and creating exceptional experiences within the youth soccer department through various events.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Create, manage and execute all competitions (i.e. tournaments, leagues, etc.), ensuring a world-class environment that supports player, coach, & referee development, while delivering a fun & memorable experience for all attendees.
- Manage competitions budget, aligned with larger strategic goals of Sporting Fields & Athletics and SKC Youth Soccer
- Sell participation in various competitions to regional youth clubs, boards, organizations and individuals.
- Provide exceptional customer service in all facets of the role
- Assist in setting the yearlong calendar by planning locations, dates and cost of competitions, in advance.
- Add and create new competitions when necessary & explore opportunities to manage competitions for local & regional partners.
- Oversee venue selection for all competitions; plan site visits, solicit bids from tourism & convention bureaus, manage & fulfill necessary contracts, as needed.
- Collaborate with internal marketing colleagues to develop a comprehensive marketing plan for all competitions that include e-blasts, social & digital media, grassroot events, & more.
- Develop & manage a network of extraordinary & reliable event operations personnel, ensuring appropriate staff are in place to properly deliver the appropriate experience at each of our events
- Collaborate with all SKC departments to maximize revenue and find creative ways to integrate them into our events.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Attend home SKC matches and preform duties as assigned.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently with exceptional time management.
- Remarkable leadership and motivational skills.
- Passion for the game of soccer.
- Flexible and able to work in a team environment.
- Detail oriented and organized approach.
- Self-motivated and self-starter mindset with strong negotiation skills.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sports Management, Marketing or other related field required.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of sports, service and competition experience with a focus on managing tournaments and leagues.
- Strong soccer knowledge and demonstrated skills, coaching licenses and/or playing experiencerequired.
- General knowledge of the Kansas City youth sport community preferred.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
PHYSICAL ABILITIESThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by anassociate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to twenty (20) pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.