Manager, Community Solar Inside Sales
The Community Solar Manager of Inside Sales will be responsible for the sales execution of NRG's Community Solar internal sales contact center. The manager will work closely with the Community Solar sales, marketing, operations, and retention teams to develop and execute strategies to achieve sales targets. The manager will primarily manage and support the Inside Sales team and inspire the Inside Sales agents to maximize sales and customer experience while optimizing agent efficiency.
- Manage, coach and develop a team of internal sales agents on daily, weekly, and monthly performance (i.e. contact rate, conversion rate, etc)
- Implement call center best practices to improve agent efficiency, lead conversion, and customer satisfaction
- Identify, communicate, and implement changes to existing process and technology to make the Inside Sales team more efficient by working with cross functional groups
- Manage all critical HR functions including: hiring, interviewing, coaching, and taking corrective action
- Work with Marketing to develop and improve lead generation that will direct to the inside sales team.
- Perform requisite analysis to present to management to support recommendations
- Develop and implement product and contact center specific training
- Set performance metrics for each initiative (i.e. presentations, conversion rates, sales per rep per week, etc.) and monitor sales quality and performance
- Develop implementation plans including sales projections, systems requirements, training specifications, staffing plans, presentation flows and scripting
- Identify, evaluate and recommend industry best practices for consideration in campaign development
- Develop recommendations for future initiatives based on results
- Work with 3rd party business partners that can be called on in executing the team’s customer acquisition strategy
- Provide ongoing guidance to sales team on where to sell that aligns with overall project pipeline
- At least five (5) years of solar industry or retail energy industry experience as a B2C call center manager or channel sales manager.
- Strong educational background in a relevant field of study, Bachelor’s degreepreferred;
- Prior experience managing sales agencies and relationships;
- Strong analytical skills that can support and validate key product and sales decisions;
- Prior experience building a contact center from the ground up and writing requirements for IT deployment; experience leading and managing contact center or telesales to drive progress against key schedule and other milestones;
- Demonstrates understanding of multiple facets of customer acquisition and sales strategy;
- Excellent relationship, influence and communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, partners and project stakeholders;
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated high achiever with ability to multi-task, prioritize and plan work and manage to deadlines;
- Proficient user of common analytical software and tools; and
- Ability to travel as needed.