The Community Solar Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing and executing high-level consumer facing product and sales strategies for NRG's Community Solar business throughout the U.S.
The manager will work closely with the Community Solar sales, marketing, operations, and retention teams to:
develop product & sales strategies that enable sales teams to hit aggressive goals while maintaining product margin and coordinate optimal sales territory that aligns with project development schedules.
The manager will develop and manage high-level internal and external sales partner relationships that aid in the execution of the sales strategies developed. This position will report to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Define & develop saleschannel mix and customer acquisition strategies in a manner that optimizes customer count, budgeted sales and marketing spend, and stranded cost risk while closely coordinating with Project M&A team to manage to current project pipeline
- Curate a pipeline of viable 3rd party business partners that can be called on in executing the team’s customer acquisition strategy
- Discover, evaluate, diligence, and negotiate with new/existing internal/external sales partners while executing and coordinating on-boarding/change requests with the Operations team
- Define & implement the use of key metrics that help manage overall sales, portfolio pricing, and partner performance management
- Develop and maintain a system and a process that coordinates customer acquisition and project pipeline management such that margin and risk are optimized at the project and/or portfolio level
- Provide ongoing guidance to sales teams on where to sell that aligns with overall project pipeline
- Project manage and lead new Community Solar market entries by coordinating requirements & execution plans with Sales, Marketing, Operations, Retention, M&A, Regulatory, and Legal teams
- Manage one or more direct reports at the Analyst level.
- At least six (6) years of solar industry, retail energy industry, or similar experience as a B2C product, channelsales manager, or business development manager;
- Strong educational background in a relevant field of study, Bachelor’s degreerequired, advanced degreepreferred;
- Prior experience managing business development, pricing & portfolio margin management and saleschannel relationships;
- Strong analytical skills that can support and validate key pricing, product, and sales decisions;
- Knowledge of net metering and retail tariff structures;
- Prior experience leading and managing cross-functional, dispersed project teams to drive progress against key schedule and other milestones;
- Demonstrates understanding of multiple facets of customer acquisition and retention strategy;
- Excellent relationship, influence and communication skills both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, partners and project stakeholders;
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated high achiever with ability to multi-task, prioritize and plan work and manage to deadlines;
- Proficient user of common analytical software and tools; and
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
- Normal office environment with frequent use of a computer or telephone in a seated position
- Flexibility to work outside of standard working hours, as needed.