Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
The Workday Community is a collaborative site where Workday customers, implementation partners, and Workday employees interact and share information. We're looking for a Product Manager experienced in both implementing new and enhancing existing information and collaboration websites. This person will define business requirements, coordinate efforts across the team, and collaborate with our engineering team to deliver new features and functionality for our stakeholders and members.
- Innovation. Design features that enable users to spend their time effectively in the Community. Create features that are streamlined, intuitive, and user friendly, with robust functionality.
- Collaboration. Work with our stakeholders, customers, and UX team to gather functional process requirements and convey them to technical audiences. Work closely with Community dev and QA scrum teams to drive product development through the entire life cycle. Be the point of contact for internal teams across Workday, including Services, Support, Product Management, Documentation, Education, and Marketing. Effective communication and collaboration across the organization and to our customers is the key to success.
- User Satisfaction. Work with customers and internal stakeholders to understand what functionality and features they need/want, and use that to define the feature roadmap. Keep stakeholders involved and informed throughout the planning, development, testing, and deployment lifecycle. Manage stakeholder and customer escalations when needed.
- Execution. Plan releases and set roadmaps. Lead the product management team: design features and set functional requirements, then track and report progress against key milestones. Ensure on-time and high-quality delivery of features using Agile.
- Leadership. Provide coaching, mentoring, and support to team members on both technical and non-technical issues. Identify and research trends that can contribute to the feature roadmap. Evangelize new features and benefits at user conferences and other venues.
Skills and Experience
- 5 - 8+ years' product management experience in an agile development environment.
- 3 - 5 year's experience managing a product management team.
- Proven ability to operate successfully across multiple functions, influence colleagues at all levels, and mediate among multiple stakeholder groups with varying priorities and needs.
- A fast learner, detail-oriented, who enjoys a fast-paced work environment.
- Excellent analytical, collaboration, oral and written skills. Persuasive abilities communicating with disparate groups with varying perspectives.
- A good communicator, presenter, and collaborator with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with web technologies or SaaS - Drupal, Sitecore, or other web CMS systems preferred.
- Strong knowledge of SQL. A good conceptual grasp of the technical aspects of CMS system management.
- Extensive experience with enterprise software very helpful.
- A BS / BA, MS / MA degree or equivalent work experience.