Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long history in the industry with our roots dating back over 110 years to 1906. Since then, we have worked to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our customers and communities across Ontario. Today, we’re focused on providing exceptional customer service and ensuring we are building safe communities where we live, work and play.
It’s an exciting time to join the team at Hydro One!
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Creative Services, the Manager, Communications Systems Projects responsibilities will include:
- Manage onboarding new team members for process and procedures
- Work directly with client teams to understand the overall business objectives and strategies and how each digital project interrelate with each other
- Evangelize tech-forward solutions and work with the creative team to incorporate the technology into initiatives.
- Manage multiple digital projects for multiple clients with the ability to prioritize on the fly
- Manage complex and vendor-dependent projects
- Research, proposal development, budget development, vendor sourcing and day to day execution and logistics of projects
- Manage and maintain project plans, develop action plans for issues, track risk mitigation plans and make recommendations as necessary to advance all digital platforms
- Manage and provide consultative services and specialized expertise in areas of web usability, customer experience, digital storytelling and interactive web design.
- Maintain logs to track issues, action items, risks, queries and change management for all digital platforms
- Manage and report on project metrics including progress, actual dates and scope.
- Create, develop, test and maintain library of digital assets that can be leveraged across all digital channels.
- Work collaboratively with the vendor to deliver an effective and award winning platform for customer communications and digital storytelling.
- Review project and project status files for integrity, accuracy and timeliness
- Design, develop or coordinate the use of project facilities, ensuring that technical and physical resources are available to meet digital project requirements
- Advance the digital conversation with other areas of Hydro One including Customer Care, Lines of Business and ISD in the application of standards, methodologies, architectures, etc.
- Manage and motivate staff and contractors on projects to deliver project methodologies.
- Ensure resources deliver desired results within budget and schedule.
- Negotiate and influence behavior of vendors and service providers to achieve desired results.
- Communicate and translate Hydro One Strategies and direction to staff, contractors and vendors to align project objectives in achieving goals within the Strategy
- Build team alignment amongst staff, contractors and vendor personnel with diverse backgrounds.
- Demonstrate business acumen by translating technical options into business objectives and measurable communications results.
- Resolve conflicts and issues and escalate issues appropriately.
- 5-8 years’ experience leading design and development for digital projects
- 5-8 years’ experience leading successfully integrated teams for digital projects
- Deep understanding of product development, design thinking methodologies, user experience
- Experience in translating data into design and leveraging strategies to establish direction and strategies
- Postsecondary degree in design or communications preferred
- Effective negotiation and conflict management skills
- Maintain calmness & remain solution-focused at all times
- Experience managing project financials
- Strong web technologies experience (Agile, Scrum)
- Experience building mobile apps (iOS/Android) or social apps (Facebook, etc.) a plus
- Experience building a variety of web sites, platforms and applications
- Proven success in remaining abreast of current digital technology and how this technology applies to a client’s business
- Experience building project & resource plans
At Hydro One we understand that the success and strength of our business rests with our people. When we develop their skills, we are investing in both their success and ours. To secure the best talent, we seek to create a workforce that reflects the diverse populations of the communities where we live and work and to create a culture based on safety, innovation and inclusiveness.
We are honoured to be recognized by Forbes in its list of Canada’s Best Employers for 2020.
Thank you for considering a career with Hydro One, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. If you are having difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, Hydro One will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.