Develop and execute commodity strategy for Cables and Electromechanical Components, working with suppliers at the appropriate managerial level across the spectrum, especially senior management at key suppliers. This strategy is to ensure a strong supply line at the most optimum Total Cost of Ownership. Capable of managing a diverse cross-functional team to support and positively impact the Key Metrics like OTO, Cost Savings, and Quality.
Perform Spend Analysis and rationalization to build and manage Supplier relations. Conduct audits, QBRs and other formal/informal sessions. Negotiate and formalize short or long term contracts with key suppliers.
- Assume full responsibility for Strategic purchasing for assigned commodities for multiple manufacturing locations in the US.
- Identify sources of high quality products and services at competitive market prices. Perform supplier audits/meetings both domestic and international. Will be required to create and execute in depth "Requests for Proposal" that contain data driven and process oriented sourcing project plans. Development of solid fact based Global Commodity Strategies
- Negotiate and execute contracts (Pricing, VMI etc.). Help to develop innovative solutions, approaches, methodologies that address present and future supply chain requirements
- Maintain ongoing assessment of sourcing risks and proposed alternatives
- Continuous improvement of savings tool and tracking methodology.
- Working with Oracle ERP system on a regular basis to make informed decisions.
- Knowledge and expertise of the commodity to be managed
- Has successfully managed negotiations including international suppliers, adversarial supplier relationships and disruptive supply situations
- Can demonstrate strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally (Travel 10%--30%)
Required/ Preferred Education and Experience:
- BS Degree in Business Management or Technical Degree
- 5+ years procurement experience