The Impact: The Manager, Commodity Risk Solutions (CRS), Americas will lead the development of CRS business activities in North and South America.
The role will engage with customers and prospects seeking, identifying and pursing new business opportunities and enhancing customer solutions through the CRS products. The role will also work closely with Sales colleagues in growing revenue and building customer relationships.
The Manager CRS Americas will provide thought-leadership in commodity risk management. The role will actively contribute to and lead the development of new CRS products, using knowledge and understanding of customer needs obtained through “voice-of-customer” activities.
What’s in it for you: This role will be the “face and voice” of CRS and Platts – recognized for commodity risk management “subject matter expertise” alongside other industry sector opinion formers - in North and South America. This person will instill confidence and knowledge in Platts risk management and forward price curve products.
- Lead the growth and development of CRS business in North and South America by increasing existing customer contract values and adding new customers
- Increase North and South America Oil Forward Curve revenue by driving success of PFC-Oil and Follow-the-Sun oil forward curves with customers in North and South America.
- Demonstrate and deploy new CRS products in America.
- Engage with and drive the contributions of colleagues in sales, editorial, marketing, product management and development and customer support to achieve CRS business growth.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for CRS products in Americas and drive new sales by working with and enhancing the capabilities of the Platts Sales organization on customer visits, sales calls and presentations. Deliver expert proposals and presentations to customers introducing best practices and the value of CRS offering.
- Represent CRS by attending and presenting at industry and partner events, conferences, forums, and webinars. Customer meetings and other customer/prospect engagements are often held at the Chief Risk Officer (CRO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and Head of Trading/Commercial level. The Manager, CRS, Americas will be capable of representing Platts at this senior executive level.
- Drive the development of strategic planning of CRS activities in North and South America and co-ordinate with CRS global strategies and plans.
- Monitor market trends, competitor product developments and actions. Gather and assess customer feedback. Communicate and share with CRS, Product Management and Development and Sales teams.
What We’re Looking For: Extensive experience in crude oil and refined products trading, and deep knowledge of commodity sector financialrisk management techniques, best practices and strategies.
- 7+ years of experience in trading/risk management capacity in global commodity trading organization. In-depth knowledge of crude oil and refined products markets in North America. Extensive knowledge and experience of risk management in commodity trading, including risk management techniques used by clients, and best practices and strategies.
- 3+ years of experience in the use of financial and derivative products to value and manage market price risk exposures arising from volatile commodity prices.
- Strong customer mindset with demonstrated ability to engage directly and honestly with customers on all issues and deliver positive experience to customers at all times.
- Strong commercial mindset. Ability to identify and develop (working with colleagues) new opportunities to grow CRS sales and financial performance in North America and South America.
- Structured and logical thinker – able to prepare and maintain high quality analysis and documentation in support of corporate processes and projects.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Able to educate customers and sales teams on risk management techniques and strategies and articulate Platts Forward Curve, M2M curve and Custom Curve value propositions to customers. Recognized as “subject matter expert” and dynamic contributor in the development of commodity risk management solutions.
- College degreerequired. Advanced degree or additional professional qualification/certification, including MBA highly preferred
- Fluent English speaker/writer to business standard. Knowledge of one or more Latin American languages an advantage.
Job ID : 239404