We are currently seeking a Commercial Strategy & Operations Manager! The mandate for this leader would be to create enriching memories for our guests through multiple on board areas including Spa, Art Auctions and Celebrations while growing the company bottom line. Our Spa business is the largest at-sea includes 500+ massage rooms along with salon, thermal experiences and gym. Our lively Art Auctions help 25,000+ guests decorate their homes with Fine Art every year. Finally, our Celebrations business fulfills 2000+ dream weddings along with other life celebrations year-round. You'll be reporting to the Director, acting as his/her right hand resource with high visibility to Senior Leadership and responsibility to grow revenue and guest satisfaction. Overall, this go-getter should have the ability to switch seamlessly between building strategy and getting their hands dirty with day-day operations. Someone who is not afraid to think outside the box, be a master at communication and highly analytical. Combined all these portfolios are worth +$100M with high growth targets and we are looking for someone who is highly ambitious to help us achieve these goals.
- Commercial Strategy: Research market trends and collaborate with concessionaires to identify, size and test new business opportunities that drive long term business growth.
- Guest analytics: Identify patterns and trends on guest behavior through data mining that can lead to development of new products and services, improvement of guest satisfaction and/or optimization of the operations.
- Operations: Manage daily operations identifying performance gaps, operational constraints and developing routines to optimize operations and to grow overall business profitability. Collaborate with shipboard and shore side leadership to ensure that shipboard infrastructure required for businesses is in place and that concessionaires follow Carnival's policies and procedures.
- Project planning: Work closely with new builds/refurbishments teams to plan and execute needs for new or existing vessels. Manage infrastructure budgets, identify and execute ideas to reduce costs while keeping up with new trends.
- Finance: Review business financial performance daily, identify performance drivers, develop improvement plans and manage the correction of outliers.
- Prepare and present formal reviews to both the working team and senior management (SVP, EVP, etc.), supported by facts; interpret data and present results in a clear and concise way. Clearly communicate findings in written and verbal form. Drive insight.
- Train and guide new team members on existing routines, management methods and our standards of operation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Analytics, Operations, Engineering, Marketing preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Masters a plus.
- Minimum of 4+ years of professional experience with focus on account management, business operations or similar. Prior experience in leisure, hospitality, travel industry or ship operations a plus.
- The ability to manage multiple programs simultaneously and stay organized is a must.
- High level of interpersonal skills, creative thinking & strategic planner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, SAS, Tableau, R is a plus.