Manager Commercial Sales
Assists with development of performance standards. Provides operational management support; conducts initial and ongoing training, field evaluations, and sales skills development to improve and optimize commercial sales professionals’ performance. Accountable for sales, revenue and staffing targets, reporting, training and safety compliance, and pricing execution. Additionally, directs the activities of a team of assigned regional sales professionals; responsible for coaching, development, formal performance appraisal cycle and direct associate management.
- Assists with the development of performance standards, measurements, and corrective devices through which approved plans and goals are accomplished within the sales organization.
- Conducts initial and on-going training of commercial sales professionals, conducts field evaluations and coaching, conducts branch visits to assist operations with sales development and initiatives.
- Holds accountability calls with managers and commercial sales professionals regarding KPI performance
- Assists management with reporting, training, and field direction; prepares reporting for leadership strategy meetings.
- Assesses, evaluates and puts programs into place to increase the quality of sales
- Analyzes and assesses training needs to identify gaps and recommend skill-gap training solutions; consults with management to ensure that training programs are current and aligned with business needs and goals.
- Monitors and ensures creative and methodologically sound sales program, proper use of sales materials and tools, inventory of sales materials and overall sales program compliance.
- Directs the activities of a team of assigned regional sales professionals; responsible for coaching, development, performance and direct associate management.
- Executes activities to reach sales and revenue objectives.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with company sales policies
- Associate degree or college experience; 2 to 3 years experience in the pest control field or an equivalent combination of education and experiencerequired
- 3 -5 years outside B to B sales experiencerequired
- 1 -3 years B to B sales management experiencerequired
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of sales experience with distributed and direct sales force and 3 years of management experiencepreferred
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to lead a team of sales professionals
- Ability to perform business mathematics and analyze sales data
- Skill with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook) and business systems
- Ability to acquire and maintain valid driver’s license
- Ability to acquire and maintain licenses/certificates as required by federal, state, or local agencies
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds regularly, and 11-20 lbs frequently, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects. Exerting up to 50 lbs of force to move objects is required occasionally.
- Use legs and/or hands and arms to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, etc., in a manner that exceeds what is required for ordinary locomotion.
- Maintain his/her balance when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces; balance exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion.
- Bend legs and spine downward and forward to crouch or squat, and bend legs at the knee to come to rest on a surface with one or both knees, including crawling on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Push objects forward, downward, or outward with sustained force using the upper extremities to press with steady force, and drag, draw, haul, or tug objects with sustained motion using the upper extremities to exert force.
- Extend his/her hands and arms in any direction to reach objects, and move objects from a lower to a higher position, or move objects horizontally from one position to another, by lifting or carrying objects either in his/her hands or arms or by strapping equipment to the body; requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Use touch of skin to perceive attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture; particularly fingertips.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
- Operate a motor vehicle and use electrically and manually powered hand tools for securing objects to surfaces.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, and to determine the accuracy, neatness, and/or thoroughness of work assigned , or make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., inspection).
- Visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or equipment.