Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and file property taxappeals to the NYC Tax commission.
- Manages and monitors all aspects of the annual property tax cycle for assigned real property portfolios.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge in assessment review and valuation techniques.
- Prepares and conducts client presentations.
- Attends hearings, settlement conferences, and negotiations, through settlement.
- Manages the preparation, review, and processing of all client reporting requirements.
- Acts as jurisdictional subject matter expert in managing all aspects of the appeal process (informal, formal, and litigation) and reports engagement status and results to the client.
- Serves as the main contact overseeing all client activity and responds to client inquiries and requests from assessing jurisdictions.
- Reviews and manages client contract terms, scope of services and fees.
- Oversees client billing and ensures timely collection of receivables (less than 90 days).
- Ensures team compliance with Firm policies, practice guidelines, and standards.
- Gives timely performance feedback to team members and addresses and escalates performance issues.
- Ensures workload is properly distributed among team members and holds team members accountable for completion of assigned projects.
- Communicates new issues, legislative changes, training opportunities, and client needs and strategies.
- Participates actively in professional organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
University Degree, College Diploma, or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Real Estate, Business Management, Paralegal Certificate, or otherdegree with MBA, MST or JDrequired and at least four years property tax related experiencerequired. Candidates with appropriate valuation designations preferred.