This position isresponsible for thesupervision and management of the Contracting, Sales Tracing, and Chargebacks department within Commercial Operations, BD Interventional Surgery (BDIS) Warwick, RI. This position ensures workflow is handled accurately and efficiently; producing high quality output as well as recommending and implementing policies and procedures accordingly. This position will beresponsible for providingcontractand sales information to divisional management, regional and national account managers and corporate personnel.
Essential Duties and Position Responsibilities
- Responsible for the daily work flow of nonexempt employees within Commercial Operations, specific to all pricing proposals and activations, sales tracing, chargeback, GPO/IDN pricing and membership and administrative fees.
- Initiates and ensures the development of training and educational programs designed to improve job skills.
- Recommends changes to internal systems and databases to maximize attainment of department objectives/company goals in the commercial operations arena.
- Completion of all special projects as required by the Manager, Sales Administration, including participation on committees and task forces as assigned.
- Functions as primary internal contact for all Divisional Bid proposals, ensuring development, distribution and compliance with all requests for pricing and information.
- Reviews, audits, and verifies accuracy of all agreements, letters of commitment and sales reporting, for customers, as well as internal I5 system.
- Identifies key areas of pricing proposals that don’t comply with Division standards and coordinates with Corporate Legal to finalize content of bids, proposals and agreements for individual accounts, IDNs and GPO’s, as well as direct rebate programs.
- Supports and assists National Accounts and Sales Management in developing and implementing strategic initiatives as it pertains to GPO/IDN pricing and direct rebates into I5 system.
- Broad knowledge of various departmental functions to gather information and feedback for key areas of bid proposals.
- Responsible for all aspects of monthly sales reporting, and ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Demonstrate ability to create service requests and provide logic to I/T for the programming and validation of key reports and computer capabilities
- Provide subject matter expertise and assist in driving the design for calculation of commissions, administrative fees, and rebates to produce accurate reporting.
- Cross functional knowledge of Contracts and Chargebacks
Performs other duties as required
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills Required
- BA/BS required, preferably in business related field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in commercial contract operations
- Minimum of 3 years prior management/supervisory experienceyears
- Experience building, motivating, and leading a team to achieve well communicated expectations.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Applications, (Word, Excel, Access database query and design).
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; able to communicate effectively and interact with personnel at all levels of technical ability and expertise
- Excellent organization and administrative skills
- Results-oriented, dedicated and highly motivated
- Detail-oriented, and must be able to effectively manage shifting and multiple priorities while meeting business goals
- Systems: I-5 proficiency preferred.
- Understanding of BDIS Contract Policies and National Accounts Pricing Strategies.
- Possess Broad and in-depth knowledge of BDIS Product Lines, their market, and competitors.
- Organizational and administrative background.
- Analytical and Problem Solving Orientation- genuine interest in finding solutions. It often involves working with data, systems and other sources to answer complex questions, resolve issues, evaluate deals and support customers by telling a story with data. Critical thinking and applying business acumen to evaluate analysis, deals and requests are key progressive skills, along with establishing a culture that emphasizes analytical rigor and problem solving.
- Effective Stakeholder Engagement- ability to interact with others in verbal or in written form to gather input, share information and coordinate delivery of work. It also involves a customer centric approach, the ability to share information in a way that is understandable to different audiences, and the ability to receive and clarify messages and requests to ensure full understanding. At its peak, it represents the ability to convey vision, strategy and expectations to create alignment, drive action and inspire performance.
- Delivering Under Pressure- involves effective time and workflow management and balancing of multiple requests in real-time to deliver exceptional results. Prioritizing work, directing teams and organizational resources based on a nuanced perspective of the organization, and managing emotions to inspire confidence are key aspects of modeling and driving effective performance under pressure.
- Working Effectively Across Functions- a firm understanding of the organization’s matrix structure and one’s relative role, and a focus on putting team success first. Excelling in cross functional collaboration involves keeping the right set of stakeholders informed and involved in projects, navigating the matrix to circumvent or address roadblocks, and applying a nuanced organizational perspective to drive cross functional collaboration.
Scope and Impact of Position:
Impact on Results:
- Degree of Accountability: Erroneous decisions may result in considerable expenditure of human capital and budgeted resources.
- Financial Impact: Has significant impact on cost and productivity; This position has the responsibility for providing analysis support for Bid and Pricing proposals and sales reports/ sales tracing that will impact BDIS’ business planning and financial sales and margins. In addition, this position audits, reviews and approves of all activated pricing and membership, impacting the sales revenue for the division; Manages a formal budget.
Scope of Responsibility:
- Strategic Impact: Takes a lead role in carrying out business/operating plans
- Sphere of Influence: Will serve on the BDIS’ Commercial Operations Leadership Team, provides input into key business decisions and resource planning, May represent company to external organizations