Job Description Summary: Assumes central ownership of all functions associated with overall maximization of returns from the company’s long term Distributed Generation assets. Engage in day-to-day oversight of various process components related to the development, delivery, and operation of such assets; this position creates tangible value across multiple steps in the Distributed Generation asset life cycle. Work with internal and external groups; this position is primarily accountable for the proactive and uninterrupted management of installed distributed generation assets.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Manage existing and future Distributed Generation assets; responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Maximize Energy Production to maximize revenue
Manage Costs across the portfolio
Manage the assets by the Contractual Requirements
Manage the Operations and Maintenance Contract and Contractors
• Assess, report, and provide actual asset performance vs. financial pro forma projections.
• Manage the reliability and availability of assets by contractual obligations.
• Manage warranty/performance guarantee aspect of the EPC/O&M contracts.
• Maintain accurate inventory of installed equipment, warranty period & service contract milestones.
• Optimize O&M services.
• Manage professional relations with the Host Customer and local utility as well as other stakeholders.
• Process regulatory filings as necessary.
• Develop and participate in the industry-wide user group(s).
• Manage the transition from the Delivery Group to the Asset Management Group.
• Develop and maintains portfolio-wide Internet-based dashboard that aggregates power production metrics.
• Tracks issues in the industry that could impact financial performance (common component failures, excessive degradation, etc.) and report issues and impact to senior management.
• Participate in the preparation of the budget for the company’s short-term and long-term distributed generation P&L budgeting.
• Assist and actively participate in contract negotiations with hosts, utilities, project development, engineering, and construction firms to minimize risk exposure to the company while maximizing profit potential.
• Develop and maintain policies and procedures for the distributed generation portfolio. Streamlines and standardizes existing processes for efficiency and accuracy.
• Work with internal WGL groups to maintain contractual adherence and reporting requirements – this may include but not be limited to Tax, Accounting, Finance, Legal, BD, and Delivery.
• Represent company as the primary point of contact with host customers and maintain positive client relationships.
• Hire and build facilities operations and maintenance staff(s) as necessary.
• Performsother duties as assigned by supervisor.
Skills & Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or related discipline required.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in the construction, asset management or energy industry with five years of management experience required.
• Performance in a similar role at an energy company preferred.
• Solid understanding of the renewable industry with particular focus on solar systems.
• Demonstrated experience in construction project management.
• Knowledge of current construction and operations codes for commercial Solar PV and other distributed generation systems.
• Knowledge of start up, commissioning, and testing of solar, distributed generation and electrical equipment
• Posses familiarity with federal and local energy regulations and performance standards.
• Proficient in use of PC-based computers for spreadsheets (Excel), and word processing (Word), MS Project, and MS Office.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Possess expert knowledge of web-based production monitoring software and systems.
• Capable of interacting with customers and clients to represent the company professionally.
• Proficiency in the planning, prioritization, and control of work in a multi-assignment, deadline driven environment.
• Ability to change direction and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a regular basis.
• Ability to assist Business Development teams in making presentations and delivering proposals.
• Ability to work independently, self-motivated, energetic, and detail oriented.
• Thorough understanding of general business and industry practices, processes, standards, etc.
• Ability to make independent judgments including decisions and recommendations that can significantly affect the profitability of assigned area.
• Ability to supervise internal and external resources, such as contractors, and to cross-train peers as well as mentor subordinates.
• Able and willing to travel on business as and when necessary across the United States.
WGL is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabledand when necessary across the United States.
Auto req ID 1238BR