Manage the operations of the Command Center, focusing on ongoing proactive and reactive monitoring and remediation of IT-related outages and application/service interruptions.
- Responsible for continuing the evolution of Incident Management and will work to continually improve the Incident Management function, processes and procedures to ensure end-to-end service quality and ¿industry-best¿ customer service.
- Drive the development and management of scripted procedures to check and report on system health and availability.
- Develop, implement and manage notification and escalation procedures around planned and unplanned IT related outages and service interruptions.
- Responsible and accountable to coordinate and provide timely updates to outage related announcements and notifications.
- Manage Command Center resources as points of contact for ongoing vendor-driven outages and incidents.
- Stay current with technologies used within the company and the dependencies of production on these technologies. Stays current with leading industry technologies and practices in IT Service Management by researching and attending relevant seminars as required.
- Assist with the maintenance and on-going development of incident tracking and call reporting systems.
- Assist Manager, Command Center Core with creating and managing incident and problem management service support processes as defined by ITIL.
- Perform staff management such as 1:1 meetings, performance review and performance management.
- Foster motivation in the workplace; promote and sustain a motivated and high-performing team.
- Provide performance metrics and service level reports.
- Oversee and approve working schedule for Command Center associates. Determine appropriate coverage hours and staff appropriately.
Who You Are
- Bachelor¿s degree and six (6) years¿ experience or Associates degree and ten (10) years¿ experience in a technical IT infrastructure, security or application role
- Four (4) years supervisory experience in a technical IT infrastructure, security or application environment
- Three (3) years of process improvement experience with broad knowledge of process improvement methodologies (e.g. ITIL, Six Sigma)
- ITIL Certification
- Any Cisco or Microsoft certifications a plus
In this Role, You will Need
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced environment; strong decision-making skills and heightened sense of urgency
- Capable of quickly understanding the magnitude of service interruption and correlate to impact on Lines of Business/End User Customers
Proven track record of leading and evolving technical operations and support teams.
- Demonstrated capacity for organization, prioritization, and management in a dynamically changing environment
- Ability to establish rapport with users and conducts business in a highly professional manner
- Working knowledge of ITIL/Six Sigma process improvement methodologies
- Proven familiarity with enterprise-class incident tracking software such as ServiceNow.
- Demonstrated understanding of UMB's lines of business and developing a deep understanding of the applications and infrastructure components supporting those businesses and services.
- Experience with MS Office Suite.