As a function manager of a team of propulsion engineers within the Blue Engines team, you will be required to set technical direction, set priority and build team members to support current and future engine program needs. Additionally, you will be responsible for technical processes specific to development in combustion devices.
- Responsible for employee life cycle including performance management, task/project management, training and provide tools for career development for each groups members.
- Responsible for technical processes, best practices and tool development around focused area(s) of combustion device product design and development cycles. This will also include process tailoring and risk assessments for program needs.
- Responsible for establishing, monitoring, documenting and improving processes specific to their technical area(s).
- As required, the group manager will also provide direct technical support to program as a independent contributor.
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering and 8+ years’ experience in the detail design of aerospace fluid systems and combustion devices
- Experience with Creo (Pro/E) Wildfire 5 or greater, Windchill 10 and GD&T (ASME Y14.5)
- Experience in product design and development cycle
- Ability to be self-directed and balance several tasks at one time
- Demonstrate ability to lead teams
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Advanced knowledge in design aptitude and product definition skills and expert in CAD packages such as Creo/ProEngineering
- Advanced knowledge in development process at both component and assembly level such as inspections and verification tests