PURPOSE AND SCOPE:The Manager, Collections oversees the efficient and effective collections operations within the assigned function(s).The incumbent isresponsible for selecting, developing and evaluating the team to ensure efficient operation of theassigned function(s). The Manager, Collections ensures systems in the credit approval and credit collection function are in compliance with company policies and procedures and regulatory guidelines and requirements.PRINCIPAL DUTIES ANDRESPONSIBILITIES:- Manage a team of20-30 collection representatives in a fast-paced call center environment- Manage the tactical execution of short- and long-term objectives through the coordination of activities with a directresponsibility for results, including costs, methods, andstaffing.- Manage the overall collections operations within the assigned function(s); reviewing and evaluating the team’sperformance to maximize accuracy, efficacy and efficiency of the collections processes.- Leads call center agents toward the achievement of the established quality, productivity and service level goals- Develop performance improvement plans with staff as needed- Preparereports for management review on a routine basis or as requested.- Develop and implement new policies and procedures within the assigned function(s) through continuous improvement efforts; ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), FDCPA, PCI andother regulatory requirements.- May serve as a liaison to cross-divisional teams and/or external vendors by establishing and maintaining strong working relationships through productive collaboration in the resolution of outstanding issues.- Provide support and guidance to the team; establishing and adjusting priorities in alignment with company goals andobjectives.-Provide leadership, coaching and development plans for all directreports to maintain an engaged and productiveworkforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.- Provide technical guidance.- Assist with various projects as assigned.Additionalresponsibilities may include focus on one or more departments orlocations. See applicable addendum fordepartment orlocationspecific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel may be required.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of billing and/or accounting staff.
Bachelor’s Degree or related equivalent work experiencerequired; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6 – 8years’ related experience.
- 3+ years’ supervisory or project/program management experiencepreferred.
- Prior experience in a multi-location billing/accounting environment preferred.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database and email applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency with business warehouse, billing and financial systems.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, SOX and other regulatory requirements.
- Working knowledge of revenue and general accounting cycles.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proactive management style to effectively lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
Job ID 18000AYS