Contributes to the overall success of the National Collection Center in Canada ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- The manager will provide actionable insights to improve portfolio and collections performance. This includes providing customer segmentation, portfolioreporting and monitoring, strategy performance assessment, operational dashboards, as well as loss and delinquency performance. The manager closely monitors operational KPI’s to ensure consistency in execution & trends, identifying root causes for performance fluctuations.
- Management of data analysis requests. This involves gathering of business requirements from stakeholders, determining data sources, analyzing data, confirming findings and presenting results to key stakeholders, while meeting stakeholder expectations
- Ensuring integrity of data used for analysis, reconciling data sources and developing quality checks as part of the analysis development process. Being familiar with reporting definitions between data sources to be best positioned to understand reporting variability. Addressing data anomalies and creating resolutions to correct where necessary.
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- University degree in a quantitative or business discipline (engineering, math, economics, etc.)
- 5+ years’ experience in Analytics or MIS/Reporting
- 5+ years of experience with SQL and thorough understanding of relational databases
- Experience with analytics tools such as: SAS, R, Python, Tableau
- Proficiency with MS Office (MS Access, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- VBA programming is an asset
- Interpersonal skills, with an ability to maintain strong and influential relationships with business area managers and executives.
- Presents and articulates views clearly and convincingly without overwhelming the audience with data.
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail, able to work independently through obstacles.
- Knowledge of Collections processes and systems is an asset
Requisition ID: 19390