If you enjoy being a leader and leading the best teams in auto servicing, this may be the right opportunity for you! You will coach and lead your team to help our customers, while working in a fun team environment. You'll go home feeling like you made a difference and watch your team grow, develop and succeed. As a Manager, you'll spend your day guiding your team, ensuring procedures are followed and serving as a liason between the collections teams and senior management. With three Collections Centers in the U.S., the Collections team is responsible for collecting on past due auto accounts. The team receives extensive training with an emphasis on compliance, and negotiating and selling skills to ensure collection routines are consistent and based on industry best practices. Visit http://www.ally.com/ to learn more. Responsible for managing staff within functional area. Oversees procedures to ensure that they are carried out according to established policies. Maintains accurate and current records on past-due accounts. Fully knowledgeable of assigned product or functional area, with a thorough understanding of the entire Loss Mitigation function. Trains and develops subordinate supervisors and staff. Coordinates projects and functions. Recommends and implements changes to procedures. Prepares periodic reports on collections activities, including summaries on delinquency ratios. Distributes the work load. Performs collection functions as necessary to assist in handling the department's work load.
- Manages Loss Mitigation Supervisors and their respective teams of Representatives.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the entire Loss Mitigation function.
- Train and develop subordinate supervisors and staff.
- Assist in formulation of and managing within department budget.
- Recommends and implements changes in procedures.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Identify gaps and make recommendations for efficiency gains.
- Bachelor's degree in related field strongly preferred, MBA is preferred.
- 6 + years of financial or auto servicing including three + years leading a business unit. At least 5 years leadership experiencepreferred
- Proven track record in developing employees, teams, strong leadership skills and excellent overall team performance
- Ability engage the workforce
- Conflict resolution skills; listening, influential - negotiation skills
- Industry and product knowledge
- Change - time management skills
- Process improvement skills
- Ability to engage the workforce
- Proficiency in managing a department
- Analytical skills
- Oral - written communication
- Discretion; ability to multitask
- Familiar with company policies - procedures
- Attention to detail
- Professional phone etiquette.
- Decision making ability