Job DescriptionPOSITION FUNCTION & SCOPE:Manage the worldwide co-manufacturing facilities producing products for DMFI. Assure all products packed at co-manufacturing facilities meet the Food Safety and Quality expectations of DMFI. This position acts as a liaison between co-manufacturers and DMFI on key projects that enhance revenue and continuously improve food safety and quality. This position interacts with vendors, manufacturing operations, Procurement, Marketing, R&D, QA, Technical Services, Co-Manufacturing and Production Planning on a regular basis. PRIMARYRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working with the Senior Manager to assure that Co-Pack facilities are routinely visited and are following the guidelines set forth by our Co-Pack contracts and Co-Pack Quality Assurance Manual.
- Determine technical support for the Co-packer and provide assistance as needed to all the International Co-Pack and Domestic co-manufacturing facilities.
- Work with Senior Manager, Co-Manufacturing Compliance to maintain programs to reduce consumer complaints and facility continuous improvement programs.
- Assure all Co-Pack facilities develop and implement Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) that meets the FDA mandated requirements and will be/are in compliance.
- Audit production, production records, and samples from each facility to ensure DMFI specification compliance.
- Assist with Co-Pack facility plant audits at least once every two years and assist in maintaining the required Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) certification.
- Working in conjunction with the Senior Manager assure all Co-Pack facilities have a Co-Pack Quality Assurance Manual that is current and continually updated.
- Develop and maintain Quality Plan at major Co-Pack facility and review these on a quarterly basis.
- Support new product, new processes, and/or new packaging production start-ups and commissioning, qualification and verification.
- Support the Co-Pack group with new business development, evaluation and auditing of new co-packer capabilities and the procurement of finished goods as needed.
- Search for new innovative co-manufacturing product opportunities.
- Utilize the Continuous Improvement Process to evaluate co-packer performance and develop metrics to improve both product quality and reduce cost.
- Insure the above are delivered on time, within budget and within spend targets.
- On a regular basis report status of projects to Senior Manager & Director, Food Safety & Quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA required; MS/MBA optional. Food Science degreepreferred.
- FSMA -- PCQI certificate. (Instructor status preferred)
- Five to ten years' experience.
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of food manufacturing, packaging, processing, and distribution.
- Experience with and in-depth understanding of the Global Food Safety Initiative, Food Drug Act (Title 21) and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA).
- The ability to speak Spanish, Thai, Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese), Tagalog (Filipino), is a plus.Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to understand and work with other cultures, and have the ability to work with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to travel 40 -- 60% (includes international).