Experience & Education Requirements
- 5 years of experience
- Consulting and/or strategy background a plus
Educational Background Required:
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative/analytic or business field
Job TitleManager, Club Business DevelopmentPosition TypeFull-Time RegularJob Description
The Club Business Development team is seeking an individual passionate about the day-to-day business operations of professional sports teams, and how theleague office and clubs engage with their ticket holders and fans on gameday and non-gameday, to fill the role of Manager, Club Business Development.
The Club Business Development team supports the 32-member clubs in all aspects of their business operations such as ticket sales and retention, sponsorship sales and activation, and premium seating. The team utilizes a combination ofanalytics and functional expertise in sales and marketing to develop 'next practices' and facilitates the sharing of 'best practices' between clubs.
The Manager, Club Business Development will lead the strategic development, execution, and activation for Clubs around key initiatives tied to Super Bowl, Draft, Pro Bowl, Fan Experience and more. He or she will also provide qualitative, quantitative and strategic analyses in support of all NFL Clubs and league-wide initiatives.
- Manage Fan Experience Expert/Peer Review Audits on behalf of Clubs and League events (e.g., Super Bowl, Pro Bowl, Draft)
- Prepare and distribute ownership and executive level customized Fan Experience reports to all 32 Clubs
- Prepare, design and distribute ownership and executive level Fan Experience customized best practice toolkits to all 32 Clubs (e.g., Game Presentation and Gameday Experience)
- Lead and manage Fan Experience Employee Observation program including all recruiting & staffing assignments, budgeting, policy compliance and training, overall planning, report design -- program consists of 70+ employees across NY, NJ, LA and Canada offices
- Liaison between CBD, Football Ops, Research, Events and independent consultants for all Fan Experience and Gameday Experience initiatives
- Market Visits and Club consulting
- Assist in managing processes to drive Club and fan engagement for League-wide tent-pole events (e.g., Draft, Pro Bowl, Super Bowl, etc.)
- Identify and develop research, analyses, and recommendations in supportof League decisions
- Support implementation and management of League-wide business initiatives, including product development and interface with Clubs and League partners
Club Data Analysis and Best Practices
- Assist in the collection and reporting of Club data: Ticketing & sponsorship data, financial data, operational results, etc.
- Analyze key indicators, trends, and benchmarks in ticketing, premium seats and suites, sponsorship, Fan Experience, Staffing, Compensation and operational initiatives (e.g., Concessions, etc.)
- Document and catalog best practices in ticket sales, pricing, premium seating and suite sales, fan experience, gameday operations, and sponsorship
- Provide support for League presentations and ad hoc analyses (presentation/content creation, research, analysis)
- Interface with internal departments (e.g., Finance, Sponsorship, Corporate Development, Events, Fan Centric Marketing, Research, Marketing, Football Ops, Entertainment Marketing, Broadcast, NFL Media)
- Manage correspondence
- Prepare briefing materials for executive staff and League/committee meetings
- Help manage & facilitate Club Business Development conferences and workshops
- Deep experience in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to derive insights from data / analytics / research and present findings to all levels of an organization
- Ability to anticipate clubs' needs and match them with appropriate workproducts and/or individuals at the League Office
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, good time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication, team building, and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented