The McAfee Enterprise Products group is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated Cloud Operations Manger to lead a team tasked with providing operational support for our commercial and FedRAMP Enterprise product lines. The Cloud Operations Manger will be responsible for overseeing production support activities, governance, security controls, and operations for McAfee commercial and FedRAMP cloud environments.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company's future by designing and building best in class cyber security solutions.
About the Job:
- You will be part of a global team that is responsible for McAfee Cloud Services that enable protection at the endpoint products on a continuous basis.
- You will provide leadership to Cloud operations Engineers and lead a team in efforts that improve operational performance and availability of McAfee Production cloud environments.
- You will be responsible for supporting Cloud service measurement, monitoring, and reporting.
- Lead improving overall operational quality through common practices and by working with engineering, QA, IaaS, and product development teams.
- You will be responsible for high availability of the Production environments.
- You will lead a team to provide technical support for day to day operations of critical Cloud services as part of an operational support rotation.
- You will be the primary Point of Contact for internal stakeholders regarding the services supported by Cloud Operations team.
- You will coordinate resources allocated to projects and assist with tracking work progress.
- You will collaborate with other regional Leads and managers to maintain Operational Support processes.
- You will liaise with other regional leads daily to ensure uninterrupted handover of operational duties and detailed escalation of ongoing incidents.
- You will collaborate with other regional Production Operations Leads on developing and maintaining best practices and will work with your local team to help maintain consistency and compliance with those practices.
- You will work closely with other engineering operations colleagues to maintain system health and security.
- You will have ownership and responsibilities for the high availability of Production environments and the deployment of new services in to production.
- You will work with the Engineering and Operations teams to review and approve Systems design and architecture.
- You will be responsible for software application staging, testing and deployment.
- You will assist with creation of systems architecture diagrams and documentation.
- You will have input into the monitoring of systems applications and supporting data.
- You will report on system up-time and availability.
- You will act as a key interface with other internal teams and McAfee IT.
- You are a US Citizen as this position is responsible for the FedRAMP products.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience working in and managing a 24 x 7 Production Operations team.
- 3+ years of experience working in Cloud Service Provider environments (AWS)
- Experience with FedRAMP governance, security controls, and compliance frameworks.
- Familiarity with FedRAMP Readiness Assessments and reviewing ATO packages for FedRAMP Cloud environments
- Production or operational support experience with large scale customer facing Enterprise solutions running in AWS, in both commercial and FedRAMP or Pre-FedRAMP environments.
- Experience identifying and recommending Cloud security architecture solutions for IaaS or PaaS content security policies (CSP)
- Cloud Computing experience with AWS container/orchestration services (EKS, ECS).
- CI/CD automation experience: Team City, Ansible, Jenkins, Code Pipeline, Code Deploy.
- Experience working with upstream Kubernetes distributions (Pivotal PKS, Openshift)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working with Cloud Native microservice architectures deployed in the public cloud (AWS)
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate work across a cross geo operations team.
- Effective multi-tasker, with proven ability to prioritize & handle interrupt–driven workload.
- Experience being a point of contact for internal stakeholders.
- Experience with both open source and enterprise monitoring and alerting tools (Prometheus, Grafana, Alerta, Sensu, App Dynamics, Elastic Search, Moogsoft, Cloudwatch).
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with a wide range of customers at all levels.
- Experience with ITIL best practices, specifically Incident & Problem management with practical experience utilizing tools like Service Now and Jira.
- Agile project management experience in a fast-paced software development organization.
- Experience supporting high availability systems and scalable architectures.
- Familiarity with containerization and associated orchestration tools (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Scripting experience at a proficient level: Shell, Python
- Operating System Experience: Linux (Ubuntu, Redhat, CoreOs, Centos), Windows.