At DSI, we don’t simply create software—we build the technological solutions that solve our customers’ problems, meet their key business needs and position themselves for ongoing success. What You'll Do:The purpose of this position is to ensure continuous operation of the multiple cloud environments and solutions which DSI is currently hosting. The Cloud Operations Manager will oversee and direct the activities of the Cloud Operations Team. This person will also participate in day-to-day administration as well as architect / design new and improvedinfrastructure solutions which will allow new product offerings to function. Here's a closer look at some of your primaryresponsibilities:
- Develop and maintain capacity management processes, metrics, and reporting to ensure adequate resource availability for continued expansion of the Cloud.
- Develop and report KPIs to measure platform performance, capacity, availability, etc.
- Develop automated monitoring of the Cloud platforms for availability and uptime
- Develop and maintain lifecycle processes to mitigate risk and ensure platforms remain current
- Be available 24/7 to aid in managing critical issue/problem resolution
- Identify Continual Service Improvement opportunities
- Help develop training materials for the Customer Success Team
- Act as a mentor to the Cloud Operations team members
- Develop SMART goals and provide routine performance reviews (quarterly) to cloud operation team members.
- Recruit and retain Cloud Operations team members
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-7 years’ experience with DSI Cloud Solutions or other Cloud solutions designed to function within a Windows environment.
- Certifications related to Gartner Magic Quadrant Leaders of Infrastructure as a Service(IaaS) highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related industry experience
- Must have significant experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure instances and migration to Cloud Infrastructure.
- Should have some experience with RDMBS based systems.
- Must be able to function fast-paced, sales-driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead small teams.
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and adapt to changes in technology
- Strong customer relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What You Get:
When you join the DSI team, you’ll become part of a company that’s not simply out to create a product—we want to give people the tools to alter how they do business. Oh, and we want to change how people think of and use technology, too. While we’re accomplishing that admittedly lofty goal, we give you a cutting-edge workspace in the heart of downtown Kansas City (with the freedom to work from home). Push yourself to grow and thrive in a casual environment that’s built on collaboration with other smart, innovative people. And if you need to recharge, unwind in our breakroom with a game of pool, Xbox 360 or an old-school arcade favorite. As you help build DSI’s success, you’ll share in those achievements with a competitive compensation program (not to mention a robust benefits package). And because we place a high emphasis on that oft-touted work-life balance, you’ll be able to work on cool tech projects in a relaxed environment that gives you the freedom to take care of the important things.