The Manager, Cloud Operations leads a cross-functional team of System, DevOps, Database, Network Engineers to design, build, monitor, deploy, and outright support the infrastructure and the applications it hosts. All of this must be done in a fiscally responsible manner by leveraging the best of both public and private clouds. Areas of responsibility include management of people, projects, servers, databases, deployment pipelines, and storage solutions. To be successful in this role you must be versatile. To be clear: our customer production environments are your responsibility.
In addition to being a world class manager, you will need to be hands on and technically savvy to truly thrive in this role. We are looking for someone who can solve challenging technical problems, manage complex projects, drive a culture of accountability and continuous improvement, and accurately assess risk vs. reward.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide strong leadership to your team by providing necessary direction while enabling autonomy, helping them work towards their careers, and holding the accountable to their work product
- Use industry best practices to manage and continuously evolve the system architecture
- Embrace automation to improve speed and quality of environment procurement, deployment, and management
- Work with Engineering, Product Management, and Quality Assurance teams to design and build scalable and maintainable product solutions for our customers
- Further advance our knowledge and adoption of public cloud and related technologies
- Ensure deviations from product performance baselines are detected and reported to stakeholders
- Monitor, report, and remediate application and infrastructure availability issues
- Oversight of day-to-day system maintenance activities such as ensuring storage space, virus detection and VM / database backups
- Work with Engineering, Product Management, and Professional Services to ensure requiredtechnology upgrades are well understood and planned into roadmaps
- Proactively communicate with stakeholders and customers the status of system availability and scheduled maintenance windows
- Ensure an accurate business continuity plan is maintained and tested
- Develop and manage an agile-forecasted budget to ensure an efficient and effective use of capital including personnel, equipment, software, and service purchases
- Proactively conduct capacity and demand planning of systems to ensure the future capabilities of the system are well understood and plans to scales are defined
- Maintain results by coaching and counselling employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising results
- Consistently demonstrate Accruent’s values: humility, integrity, drive to excellence, results orientation, winning attitude, grit
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field.
- 3-6 years hands on experience leading a technology team.
- Working experience in public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Oracle)
- Experience implementing and maintaining configuration management tools (Chef, Salt Stack, etc.)
- Supporting knowledge of database, networking, operating systems, virtualization, and storage technologies (Oracle/Microsoft SQL, Cisco, Windows/Linux, VMware, NetApp)
- Enough scripting to be dangerous
- Demonstrated leadership, coaching and mentoring skills combined with flexibility working in a dynamic, fast moving and fast growing technology environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Familiar with best practices in IT management, change management and architecture; examples would be ITIL, COBIT and TOGAF
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter