Texas Capital Bank is seeking a motivated leader who will lead the Cloud Team as well as drive the vision for Site Reliability Engineering. This role will lead the Cloud direction for Texas Capital Bank defining the governance, automation, capabilities exposed for the Bank to grow its footprint in the cloud in a safe, cost effective manner. The role will also have the opportunity to grow the Site Reliability Engineering discipline across the bank by improving monitoring and directing engineers how to reduce toil on the Bank’s foundational applications.
- Enable other teams to deliver capabilities into the cloud in an automated and governed way.
- Oversee Cloud Governance efforts including policy, security, compliance, and change management.
- Build, develop and deploy Ansible/Terraform into the production environment along with central components.
- Assist in the development and management of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) processes.
- Manage the automation, development, and architecture of TCB’s cloud infrastructure.
- Evangelize and drive use cases for Cloud initiatives throughout the organization.
- Determine the monitoring platform of choice for various use cases and deliver the capabilities for SRE member consumption.
- Create a practice of Site Reliability and help all technology squads to incorporate the SRE practices.
- Create platform capabilities to enable Site Reliability principles (golden signals, SLIs/SLOs, toil, etc.)
- Provide development guidance and operational system support for monitoring platforms.
- Lead a team of cloud and site reliability engineers.
The duties listed above are the essential functions, or fundamental duties within the job classification. The essential functions of individual positions within the classification may differ. Texas Capital Bank may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual employees consistent with standard departmental policy.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field.
- 10+ years’ experience building and maintaining production environments in large scale consumer enterprises.
- 5+ years’ experience with at least one of the major public cloud providers preferably Microsoft Azure.
- Have a platform mindset (aka “How do we enable others and get out of the way...”).
- 1+ years’ experience managing engineers.
- Working knowledge of configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform.
- Demonstrate strong sense of urgency regarding solving end-user issues.
- Experience in developing Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines in Azure DevOps or Jenkins.
- Cloud Certification is preferred.