Arena is a rapidly growing pharmaceutical company that is bringing several potential, "best in class" drugs to market. It's an exciting time for Arena, and this is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic team focused on significantly impacting the lives of patients and their families.
The Manager, Clinical Trial Accounting will have a seat close to the action in lead the accounting of Arena's clinical trials for the Clinical, Pre-Clinical, and Manufacturing departments, including overall tracking of clinical activities from an accounting perspective.
What you'll dive into:
- Responsible for clinical trial accrual accounting for all our early and late stage trials.
- Work with FP&A, Clinical and Program management teams, and external CROs (Clinical Research Organizations) and vendors, as needed, to compile and complete accurate clinical trial accruals and related journal entries. Complete all related monthly reconciliations
- Review clinical contracts to obtain an understanding of clinical activities, budgets and timelines to assess impact on clinical trial accruals
- Collaborate cross-functionally across departments to obtain all necessary information to properly account for business transactions and agreements impacting clinical trials
- Primary reviewer for all clinical related invoices processed by Accounts Payable group
- Ensure proper adherence and documentation of internal controls in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley framework
- Responsible for quarterly/annual external auditor and corporate tax requests on areas of responsibility
- Collaborate with Senior Accounting management to support overall department objectives. Embrace a mindset of continuous improvement and be a leader in this rapidly growing and evolving organization
- Ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
What we expect:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 5+ years of progressive clinical trial accounting experience, a must
- Exceptional attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience working with cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational skills
- Public company experience, a plus
- Proficient GAAP knowledge
- Advanced Microsoft Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Self-starter, able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Dynamics 365, Dynamics GP or SAP, a plus
What you'll get:
- To be a part a growing company and fantastic team passionate about developing novel drug therapies to improve people's lives
- Opportunities to learn and contribute creative solutions
- Comprehensive health insurance ($0 premium on select medical plans)
- Matching 401k retirement plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Company celebrations