DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Responsible for technical and managerial leadership in establishing goals and priorities and in the overall management of current and planned clinical application systems and services within an HCA division.
- Meets with corporate, division, and facility-level leadership teams, as needed, to align strategy, services, and coordinate implementation activities.
- Responsible for personnel management, performance reviews, competency development, and coaching of staff.
- Builds and maintains relationships with business operations, IT&S leaders, and vendors.
- Participates in resource planning and allocates resources to meet goals of the clinical application services area, IT&S goals and business priorities.
- Organizes, plans, assigns, and monitors completion of work.
- Participates in the development of corporate and division-level clinical application standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures that the design and use of clinical applications adhere to established HCA policies, procedures, and standards.
- Leads analysis of organizational needs for development and implementation of clinical applications; interfaces with users to ensure that clinical applications are developed which meet their business and specifications.
- Establishes and manages internal service level agreements and ensures external service level agreements with vendors are met.
- Assists the director in the development of the budget and develops project cost estimates for division and/or facilities.
- Ensures that service resources are assigned for the timely resolution of clinical application incidents and requests.
- Works with enterprise subject matter experts and services resources and the enterprise Service Desk in managing resolution of clinical application incidents and requests.
- Creates an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolutions, cross-training, and process improvement within the area and across organizational boundaries.
- Grows the support capabilities for clinical applications throughout the Division.
- Works with facility and zone Sr. Clinical Analysts, Clinical Analysts, Super User/Core Team Members, Physician Support Coordinators, and the Division Clinical Specialist Team to implement the division plan for application standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization.
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
- Coordinates the sharing of best practice models, and policies & procedures related to clinical application systems.
- Participates in activities to improve departmental and organizational performance.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with outside vendors of IT&S products, professional organizations, contract employees, co-ops, external auditors, and consultants.
- Builds strong relationships with clinical application users groups across HCA, IT&S managers and directors.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
- Participates in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A thorough knowledge and understanding of current and emerging clinical applications technology
- Mature understanding of clinical application support processes and workflow
- Understands pertinent JCAHO, MQSA, HIPAA and ACR guidelines
- Strong analytical skills and detailed organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify needs, manage resources, and multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated customer orientation
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, and retain staff
- Demonstrated ability to work in stressful situations
- Competency in basic PC use and required tools
- Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work
- Bachelor's degreerequired
- Three years of experience in clinical applications support
- Three years managerial experience including budgeting, maintaining policies and database analysis
- Experience in large, complex organization or corporate structured environment
- Experience in team leadership and direct supervision
- Experience creating and leading communications with direct reports, senior leaders, business partners, vendors to ensure collaboration, efficiency, and service excellence
- Valid state license and proof of auto insurance, if applicable
Job Code: 26685-11846