The Manager, Client Services provides leadership to the account management team to promote retention and growth in DHP commercial business lines. The manager contributes to the success of DHP by formulating and executing the organization’s strategy at the customer level, driving for exceptional results, and motivating and coaching account management staff. This role serves as critical connection between the DHP value proposition and the member experience to its employer customers and independent agents. Regularly and customarily exercises discretionary powers and independent judgment that directly supportstrategic initiatives.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Develop positive and collaborative working relationships with DHP licensed agents/agencies.
2. Lead staff that will work directly with consultants, agent / brokers and group administrators of all large group business fully insured.
3. Work with Department leader to achieve annual retention and growth targets.
4. Present and coordinate decision process for Key Accounts Renewals with DHP Senior leadership.
5. Collaborates with Underwriting to finalize renewal rates on all large group accounts. Manage and administer a portion of the strategic rate relief fund to smooth out annual renewals if necessary according to DHP policy and procedure.
6. Provide leadership in the deployment of DHP value added services to customer base, including but not limited to SSM direct to employer initiatives.
7. Accountable for staff development and achievement of annual service plans and performance standards.
8. Work closely with all DHP Divisions to achieve exceptional service to our corporate business clients.
9. Problems solve and mentor Account Management Staff with evaluation of group issues and needs that will promote retention and growth.
10. Attend and represent DHP at offsite customer and networking meetings.
11. Collaborate with other Divisional leadership team members to facilitate a high level of communication and teamwork.
12. Conduct projects and participate in DHP activities to identify problems and improve work processes and systems.
13. Compile competitor data on existing business as it relates to dual choice for pricing strategy and product offerings.
14. Provide input into the annual enrollment/retention projections.
1. Bachelor's degree in business, marketing or related field.
2. 6 years’ experience in the health insurance or TPA industry with progressive experience in a managerial role in a in sales and/or account management..
3. Demonstrated experience in successful management and development of a team of results-oriented individuals.
4. Creative marketer of opportunities with exceptional negotiation skills
5. Ability to work independently on tasks in a matrix business structure.
6. Fully insured, ASO large group employer sales or account management experience.
7. Proven experience managing partner agency/consultant relationships.
8. Proven leader with strong interpersonal communication, organizational and analytical skills.
9. Strong knowledge and experience in integrated delivery network environments.
10. Strong knowledge of group insurance and rating/underwriting principles.
11. In depth knowledge of insurance law, health benefits products, funding options
12. Excellent time management, and organizational skills; must be broadly focused and able to manage multiple efforts concurrently
13. Ability to foster a team environment
14. Demonstrated success in building and maintaining a strong professional network within the industry.
15. Current accident and health insurance license in the state of Wisconsin
16. Valid driver’s license and personal, reliable vehicle required for work related travel
1. Master’s Degree
2. Operations, Market Compliance, Training background
3. Knowledge of direct to employer –onsite/near-site clinic, occupational medicine program offerings.
Dean Health Plan, Inc.-
Established in 1983, Dean Health Plan is the insurance services subsidiary of Dean and SSM Health. It maintains a position of leadership in insurance services through a physician-led integrated health system that improves the health of its members and delivers a superior level of service and care. We're looking for talented individuals committed to improving the health of community through innovation, partnership and integrity.'