More information about this job
Symphony Health Solutions, a wholly owned subsidiary of PRA Health Sciences, is a leading provider of high-value data, analytics, technology solutions and actionable insights for healthcare and life sciences manufacturers, payers and providers. The company helps clients drive revenue growth and commercial effectiveness, while adapting to the transformation of the healthcare ecosystem, by integrating a broad set of patient, prescriber, payer and clinical data together with primary and secondary health research, analytics and consulting. Symphony delivers a comprehensive perspective on the real dynamics that drive business in the healthcare and life sciences markets.
At Symphony Health Solutions, we pride ourselves on being Collaborative and customer centric. We do this by focusing on five key values:
- Love the Customer by consistently exceeding expectations
- Focus on Brilliant Execution by being detailed and accountable
- Leapfrog the Competition by Differentiating ourselves and providing innovative solutions
- Build a High-Performance Culture that does not accept mediocrity
- Make it Fun by Connecting as one passionate high-energy team.
Connect with Symphony! Collaborate with Customers! Differentiate Yourself!
The Symphony Health Client Analytics group provides end-to-end support across the spectrum of analytics offerings. Our offerings include commercial analytics, media analytics, claims data analytics, including adherence modeling and patient journey studies. Analytics Managers contribute substantially to business development activities (e.g., building capabilities presentations, framing up of overall project approaches in response to client needs, and drafting methodology sections in proposal). Managers also oversee delivery within the analytics team once projects are sold. This includes ensuring appropriate approaches are being leveraged and ensuring results are acceptable and ready for client delivery.
Analytics Managers have an active role in running analysis on projects while directing the work of a small team of Analytic Consultants. Managers usually play a more active and direct role in the analytics for projects that involve more advanced analytical techniques and/or projects that involve analysis that is new to the SHS team. Managers also provide guidance and managerial oversight for junior staff. This includes helping to contribute to the professional development of junior resources.
Analytics Managers play a key role in laying out the structure for our claims data analytics and performing key queries and analysis. In particular, they play a key role in areas like the following:
- Lead project execution
- Responsible for creating the structure for Sales Effectiveness, Patient Analytics, Triggers, Forecasting, Marketing Analytics or other Commercially-based Projects
- Works collaboratively with internal and external clients to finalize business rules and key analyses needs on projects
- Have responsibility for project deliverables
- Develop strong relationships with subject matter experts
- Mentor and train junior resources
Symphony Health Solutions welcomes candidates with a range of degrees and backgrounds, though extensive experience (5-7years) with some managerial experience typically is required. Analytics Managers commonly hold Ph.D., or Masters Degrees in Economics, Operations Research, Statistics, or other fields with a strong quantitative focus.
In addition to extensive work experience and strong academic background, successful Analytics Managers also have broadly applicable consulting skills such as:
- Masters Degree in Business Intelligence, Analytics, Statistics or related field is required
- At least five years recent healthcare data analytics experience is required
- Ability to demonstrate ability to apply foundation knowledge of pharma sales effectiveness, forecasting, patient analytics or marketing analytics or machine learning techniches in a consultative environment is required
- Familiarity with Large Relational Databases and ORACLE/SQL
- Experience with statistical tools: SAS, R, SPSS and methods to incorporate statistical results into analyses
- Familiarity with Alignment tools
- Familiarity with Industry data sources (in particular, Physician- and Patient-level data assets)
- Strong analytical problem solving skills such as defining clearly objectives, desired outcomes, and inputs required to draw relevant conclusions etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Self-discipline for planning and organizing tasks
- Aptitude for, and enjoyment of, working in teams
- High motivation, good work ethic, maturity, and personal initiative
- Candidates must possess work authorization for employment