The ideal candidate will have 7-10 years Property or General Liability claims experience and will provide claims support for all R-T Specialty broker teams. Experience with Contractors Professional Liability claims is a plus.
- Communicate with the insurance carriers’ claims department to resolve coverage issues.
- Draft coverage rebuttal position letters.
- Review policies and act as a sounding board for broker teams with technical coverage issues.
- Counsel brokers and retail partners on coverage and claims-related issues.
- Mediate claims issues and find acceptable solutions.
- Stay up-to-date on claims and coverage related developments.
- Advise on policy wording solutions for recurring coverage issues.
- Develop relationships both with the carriers and with our brokers facilitating the ability be a credible resource and spokesperson on coverage and claims-related issues.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- 7 to 10 years of industry experience.
- Must have previous insurance carrier experience with high dollar/”severe” General Liability claims.
- Must have previous experience with Property or General Liability coverage issues.
- Contractors Professional Liability and pollution claims experience a plus.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
- Demonstrate strong technical aptitude; excellent verbal and written communication, negotiation and presentation skills with the ability to communicate both internally and externally with senior management, business leadership and business partners.
- Ability to develop, analyze, and implement strategies with a proactive long-term view of business goals and objectives.