This position will report directly to the AVP, Claims Quality, Compliance and Training within the Claims Shared Services organization. The role will be responsible for executing the overall strategy for Claims Learning and Development to include building the training requirements, promoting a proven training methodology, and measuring success of the learning program. Leads a team in the assessment of learning needs, creation of learning paths for new hires and incumbents, and implementation of solutions through various delivery methods. Partners with key stakeholders to develop learning solutions that close human performance gaps to drive positive business results. Champions Enterprise L&D initiatives and technology journey to modernize the training environment at AmTrust.
The Manager of Claims Learning and Development will lead a diverse workgroup focused on delivering high impact learning solutions across the organization. The responsibilities of the position include:
- Leads the planning, design, development, implementation, and assessment of learning programs.
- Transforms business requirements into creative and intuitive training for a virtual, operational environment.
- Promotes and manages initiatives, reporting milestone progress to Senior Leadership.
- Designs and routinely evolves the L&D roadmap for the Claims organization.
- Continuously monitors the program effectiveness, adjusting modules and tactics as needed.
- Informs the Corporate L&D team of the claims training roadmap to collaborate and align on Enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Establishes strategic partnerships with external vendors and consultants to incorporate industry-leading best practices, trends, processes, and products and services into current learning and development strategies.
- Drives the technology journey for claims-specific training requirements to meet the needs of a dynamic and dispersed organization.
- Manages the overall content delivery for the organization and ensures the appropriate change management tactics are considered.
- In depth knowledge of the insurance industry, its practices and operations; advanced technical expertise related to L&D discipline.
- Ability to operate in an iterative, agile environment with strong cross-discipline team collaboration.
- Ability to effectively lead a cross-functional team, coach and motivate direct reports to grow and deliver stated objectives.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and assume responsibility for decisions, which have an impact on business goals, people and expense.
- Ability to effectively interact and build trusting and collaborative partnerships quickly with all levels of internal and external business partners within scope of responsibility, team and/or matrix environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate business and technical information effectively.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Demonstrated creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
- Ability to drive and achieve results, with ability to manage multiple projects to meet both short and long-range goals and objectives.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and other business related software systems.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree with Master's degree preferred in a related discipline such as HR, Education or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of related experience in formal Learning and Development program to include 2+ years of direct management experience. Preferred 4+ years P&C and/or Workers' Compensation claims industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage competing demands and influence stakeholders to drive appropriate action.
- Ability to think from both a strategic and tactical perspective to solve business problems.
- Experience creating and implementing change management initiatives as well as corporate level communications.
- Continuously seeks opportunities for personal learning and development within their respective discipline(s).