This position is responsible for planning, staffing and developing employees in an effort to create an empowered, high performance team dedicated to serving our customers. The individual is responsible for communication and implementation of process improvements which are consistent with our defining objectives.
What you'll do:
- Hire, develop and coach employees through the employee progression plan or career path. Hold 1:1s, attend and facilitate team meetings, and roll down enterprise strategies. Manage individual performance objectives and yearly reviews, including the Incentives program. Administer corrective and separation actions.
- Mediate, remove impediments, manage risks, handle escalations, and resolve issues.
- Lead strategic and tactical objectives that drive process improvements necessary to serve the enterprise.
- Maintain relationships across the organization to ensure consistency of practices and processes, including collaborating with Workforce Management teams.
- Manage and balance the department budget to provide appropriate staffing level to support the enterprise, including overtime if applicable.
- Facilitate/contribute to one or more Community of Practice that sets standards, provides shared knowledge opportunities, and oversees improvements to those specific areas of Benefits.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Bachelors Degree in a related field and five (5) years of experience working with teams in an operational or strategic setting and two (2) years leadership experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted to meet this requirement.
- Experience in measuring quantity and quality of team results.
- The ability to meet or exceed the attendance and timeliness requirements of their departments.
- The ability to work well in a team environment, and be capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with other staff, departments, and customers.
The strongest candidates for this position will also possess:
- Experience in the Health Insurance Industry
- Experience managing people
- Experience working with phones
- Ability to use metrics and data insights to identify and implement process improvements
- Ability to lead teams to adapt to changing business needs