JOIN THE TEAM THAT’S POWERING PROGRESS
Building cities. Driving commerce. Saving lives. For over 100 years, Allison Transmission has powered the vehicles and technology that move our world forward.
What powers us? Our employees. From the first person hired by James Allison in 1915 to the thousands across the globe who work for Allison today, we’re driving progress everywhere because we employ top talent worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity in Indianapolis, IN for a Manager, Central Manufacturing Engineering.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin driving your career forward!
Provide centralized technical resources to support the commercial plants as follows:
· Process design, set up, and final sign off of fabrication and assembly processes.
· Provide equipment replacement for established processes.
· Support new model or engineering changes implementation for established processes.
· Support studies for either new models or modifications of current released models.
· Current Best Practices for Fabrication and Assembly Processes.
· Management skills for monitoring, tracking, working continuous improvement, HR duties, and working as an overall Manufacturing Leadership Team. Support the Operations Management Team as needed.
· Develop and manage departmental operating budgets.
· Support and guide development of new part/product designs and manufacturing processes, as they relate to central manufacturing engineering.
· Keep department personnel current with manufacturing engineering industry standards
· Provides a physical presence in the workplace.
· Implements and actively supports the plant and corporate safety and environmental policies and initiatives.
· Complies with the terms of local and national labor agreements.
Education Requirement: Bachelors in Manufacturing Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering Technology.
· 5 Years’ Experience in Central Manufacturing Engineering
· Proficiency in oral and written communication skills required.
· Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint required.
· Strong leadership skills required.
· 10 Years’ Experience in Central Manufacturing Engineering.