Withum is accepting resumes for Manager for our center of excellence for audit data analytics (Central Analytics) department. WithumSmith+Brown is a public accounting firm that will provide a candidate with career development opportunities while encouraging work-life balance and a meaningful work environment. The candidate will be working in a rapidly growing and mission-critical department which supports the firm’s audit, tax, forensic, and advisory practice in performing complex data analysis in accordance with professional standards, increasing firmwide efficiency, and increasing effectiveness of engagements. The Central Analytics team is staffed by a core team of advanced data analysts and supported by a pool of part-time analysts embedded throughout the firm’s professional staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Planning, direction, & completion of simple and complex data analytics projects including recurring standard methodologies, development of new innovative methodologies, and formal sampling and compliance assistance for audits
• Developing and managing analytics staff, including providing technical on-the-job training, feedback on analytics work, and supporting their career growth related to analytics
• Supervising analytics work at a portfolio level to ensure all open projects are completely in a timely manner meeting departmental metrics
• Screening incoming support requests to identify potential data reliability issues and clarify requester needs
• Automating recurring analyses at a firm-wide and client level
• Providing valuable insight and clarity to engagement teams regarding potential efficiency and effectiveness gains for engagements
• Developing and assisting in the delivery of the firm’s data analytics core curriculum for professional staff and part-time data analysts
• Managing the assembly, maintenance, and finalization of working papers that support audit and consulting engagements
• Adhering to the highest degree of professional standards
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Data Science or similar field with minor in Accounting;
• 5+ years conducting data analytics in an accounting or finance context, including: data collection and standardization, statistical and non statistical sampling, data reliability assessment, automation of simple analyses;
• Knowledge of audit standards, particularly related to supervision, review, and documentation of work meeting quality standards;
• Experience with audit data analytics software packages such as MS Excel, IDEA, ACL;
• Experience supervising staff on analytics projects, including performing technical and quality control reviews.
• Capacity to work independently on projects;
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff as part of a team or independently;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience as a data analytics instructor in a workforce training environment, for hands-on software training, statistical concepts, or analysis best practices.
• CPA, CFE, CIA, analytic software-specific or equivalent certifications.
• Experience with statistical software packages such as SAS, SPSS, Stata, or similar.
• Experience with Python, R, SQL, or other data science-friendly programming languages.
• Data visualization experience.
• Any Withum location.
• Remote position will be considered
Travel: Less than 10%
Withum is an equal opportunity employer- EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability
Requisition ID : 1183