8 - 10 years
Posted 168 days ago
The mission of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center is to eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation, and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research and prevention, and through education for undergraduate and graduate students, trainees, professionals, employees and the public.
The Charge Description Master & Pricing Manager is responsible for the development and maintenance of the hospital and professional chargemasters, including management of all aspects of the files required to appropriately record patient revenue for the institution. This position is also responsible for managing a defensible pricing strategy, as well as other activities related to revenue enhancement such as charge master reviews. The Charge Description Master & Pricing Manager serves as an advisor to clinical and financial management and the physicians regarding revenue budget and revenue management. Very strong technical skills in regulatory matters related to billing and coding are required. Requires knowledge of general ledger transactions related to revenue, including accounts receivable posting transactions, in order to accurately maintain the general ledger mapping strings in the patient account system.
This position has high exposure to administrative functions of the institution. In addition other skills required include excellent analytical and financial accounting skills, broad information system user skills, good judgment, independent decision making abilities, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to function under pressure due to time constraints and audits.
· Maintain a compliant and efficient charge description master for hospital and clinics, as well as professional services. This includes, but may not be limited to, the Epic EAP, BCC, and FSC master files.
· Develop and manage a defensible pricing strategy for the institution.
· Understand and manage the mapping of revenue from the patient accounting system to the general ledger.
· Develop tools and templates to educate clinical staff and assist clinical areas in capturing charges.
· Design analytical tools for the analysis of revenue.
· Analyze potential areas where revenue has been lost.
· Develop and orchestrate process improvements to the charge assignment process in support of the entire revenue cycle.
· Monitor changes to regulatory requirements for billing, coding and reimbursement.
· Conduct detailed revenue reviews in each of the clinical areas on a rotating basis.
· Consult with clinicians and clinical leadership regarding revenue matters.
· Provide supervision, leadership, and mentoring to the CDM team.
Required: Bachelors degree in Business, Economics, Healthcare or related field as appropriate based on subject-matter area of expertise.
Preferred: Masters Degree and/or CPA.
Required: Eight years of experience to include three years of supervisory or project lead experience.
Preferred: Eight years of relevant experience with hospital or accounting/consulting firm and working with regulatory matters related to billing and coding, to include three years of supervisory or project lead experience.
Extensive expertise managing CDM activities for hospitals, clinics, and professional providers.