- We have an opening for a Manager of Catering Operations position.
- Location: Kansas City, MO
- Note: online applications accepted only.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We’re hiring! Bon Appétit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafés around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We’ve led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Full-time associates at Bon Appétit are eligible for many benefits, including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with matching by company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- On-the-job training
The Catering Operations Manager holds duties related to successful execution and coordination for on and off premise Company events. The position entails a need for excellent attention to detail and communication skills; ability to multi-task on a variety of projects simultaneously, accurate distribution of pertinent information both internally to all departments as well as to clients and related vendors. You will be expected to have excellent client skills in presentation and marketing ability.
- Consults clients as to scope, expectations, setting, menu, collateral entertainment to have a successful and appropriate event within the client’s budget
- Plans menus in consultation with the clients and chefs
- Negotiates individual vendor contracts
- Delegates to, and ensure that, the Event Manager coordinates and executes the event within the parameters established by the Catering Event Manager
- Recruits, interviews, selects, and trains permanent and casual staff
- Organizes, leads and motivates the catering team
- Plans staff and eventschedules
- Maintains and develops accurate financial and administrative records
- Serves as liaison and coordinator between Sales Catering Managers, Supervising Chefs, Staffing, Captains, Suppliers, Vendors, Rental Companies and Clients as needed to planevents
- Assesses contract requirements and ensure satisfaction with the services delivered
- Performs final review and assessment of catering events to determine if they meet performance and quality standards
- Resolves customer concerns and ensures timely customer payment
- Operationally savvy industry professional with demonstrated leadership in managing people, events and the overall guest experience
- Strong organization, time management and team motivation skills are essential for success in this role
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with clients, senior management, and WPC support staff
- Ability to respond effectively to continuously changing demands
- Demonstrated experience in budgeting, P&L, labor and sales forecasting and reporting
- Effective use of discretion to problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Ability to establish credibility with senior culinary professionals
- Human Resource experience including hiring, training, mentoring and development
- 3-5 years’ experience in a hospitality management environment (preferably in an off-premise catering environment)
- The ability to manage in an environment with focus on client service, entrepreneurship and building and growing a strong business
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 212526