Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Responsible for improving category MAPS at assigned customers. Joins sales team in penetrating key customer decision makers to present category development plans. Collaborates with headquarter Category Leadership (CL) and Customer Strategy & Planning organizations in the development of category plans for assigned customer. Responsible for new item presentation development and all aspects of shelving the company’s products in a category friendly way. Responsible for identifying opportunities to improve competitive advantage and enhancing company’s stature with the customer.
- Own customer interface at the category level, with focus on improving customer and company sales/profits.
- Work with sales, marketing, insights, retail effectiveness, and othercategory leadership resources to execute category initiatives with excellence.
- Develop strong collaborative partnerships with customers and cross-functional internal partners.
- Deliver excellent category leadership, insights and analytics support to external and internal customers.
- Be subject matter expert on category leadership tools and capabilities.
- Understand and master customer loyalty card data.
- Lead category strategy and review meetings with customers; assist brand-based category leadership initiatives.
- Develop tools to diagnose new category opportunities.
- Understand opportunity gaps and proactively build case and sales story to close gaps.
- Deliver consumer/category input within customer joint business plan to help refine plan elements based on consumer and category knowledge.
- Improve field sales capability to leverage analytics & insights.
- Monitor industry trends and competitive activity to identify opportunities to improve capabilities and advantage in the market.
- Improve shelf position for brands while maintaining a shopper/category first approach.
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired
- 5-7 years related CPG industry experience, preferably in the sales arena or a combination of sales and syndicated data experience.
- Communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Data integration & interpretation experience
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Collaboration skills
- Action oriented
- Leadership ability
- Project management skills
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.