At Kids2, we’re really good at what we do. And when we’re great at our jobs, we help parents be great at their jobs.
Parenting is demanding, and that’s where we come in. We want to reimagine how brands can make it easier for early stage parents – not by just selling them products, but by providing holistic solutions that transcend borders, categories and aisles.
No matter our title or department, at Kids2, our job is to create more tiny wins for parents, so they can create bright futures for their little ones. That’s a big task!
We’re serious about what we do, AND we love to have fun. Our team is hardworking, entrepreneurial, and passionate about helping families create millions, if not billions of tiny wins.
As our Category Manager, you will be responsible for P&L management, strategic planning, day-to-day business management, & keeping the organization informed of updates to product and business strategy. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of experience in Product Line and Business Management.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Drive category growth in terms of revenue, market share, and global expansion
- Curate line plan driven by consumer, market and retailer insights capitalizing on specific needs and white space opportunities
- Lead quarterly kick offs with design team to present product needs and design recommendations based on detailed analysis of past performance, Kids II business objectives, and evaluation of market trends and opportunities
- Develop Channel Strategy within the line plan that aligns with retailer and Kids II business needs
- Ensure products align with brand and marketing experience
- Lead creation of sell in strategy including product reason for being, merchandising recommendations, competitive advantages, and point of view and differentiation
- Monitor financial performance for assigned category including revenue tracking, margin and profitability review, and ROS analysis
- Lead market and competitive research analysis and provide updates to design and cross functional teams as necessary
- Work with design, engineering and procurement teams in achieving margin goals, FOB, and quarterly launch calendar
- Seek cost reduction opportunities to increase margin; work with engineering, design and supply chain to implement changes
- Collaborate on packaging strategy including copy, shot list review, content, and hierarchy of call outs; Create packaging brief to guide packaging team on desired design
- Collaborate on design brief to initiate marketing, fashion, video, photography, or other creative functions on project requests to bring the story to life
- Host cross functional meetings to align on strategy, present new product opportunities, product updates and merchandising plans by retailer, brand and launch quarter
- Lead cross functional product development team to successfully commercialize products and meet financial goals
- Product reviews – identify items to feature in seeded reviews and influencer outreach and develop action plans for low rated items
- Perform analysis for SKU rationalization and productivity at the item level and make a recommendation on go-forward plan
- Discontinue/Transition planning (often by account); work with inventory and demand planning to transition items out with low financial impact
- Participate in S&OP process
- Establish MSRP pricing
- Sales call, trade show and global showroom support
- New Hire Training/onboarding
- Initiate requests for research and collaborate on research plan and execution
- Develop 3-5 year product strategy
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience in Category Line and Business Management is required.
- Must have general knowledge of manufacturing materials, product development processes and costs.
- Familiarity with the online and brick & mortar retail landscape is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience managing the product P&L is required.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, finance or other related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- Ability to execute and excel in high-paced organization
- Ability to deal with changing environments, tight timelines and multiple priorities
- Outstanding oral and presentation-based communication skills
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must be proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
We offer competitive pay, flexible hours, and generous benefits. Plus, to keep things fun (because we are all kids at heart), we offer a host of team member activities and philanthropic efforts throughout the year and company-wide awards and recognition for a job well done!
Drug Free Workplace M/F/D/V