Job DescriptionPOSITION FUNCTION & SCOPE:The Manager Category Analyst will beresponsible forReporting functions across the broader Category Team. This would include developing and runningreports on a weekly, monthly and annual basis. Included in theReporting Function would be top line analysis ofRetail Link data, Nielsen consumption information, Category Financials etc. This person should understand each of the categories' initiatives and provide value-added data and insights to the Advisors so they can be easily relayed to the buyers with recommendations.This position would also beresponsible for Modular Planner requests across eachcategory including but not limited to Trait requests, DC Matrices and clustering projects. The Manager Category Analyst would have moderate interaction with the customer. PRIMARYRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Data compilation and analysis:
- Development, optimization and refresh of Retail Link, Orchestro and Nielsen reports
- Delving into and generating insights from the reports and data to assist Category Advisors
- Conduct data analysis to understand brand performance, competitive conditions and category trends
- Address Modular Planner requests from the customer and/or Category Advisor to include trait requests, DC matrices etc.
- Partner with Category Advisors to uncover new opportunities to grow the category and/or Del Monte business
- Create /refresh custom analysis tools (by category) to provide insight into category promotional successes and failures to determine higher value opportunities for customer and Del Monte
- Ad Hoc projects
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS required
- 2-5 years relevant business experience in consumer packaged goods industry or broker
- Proven record of success in retail grocery industry with consumer packaged goods or broker experience.
- Exceptional computer proficiency including Retail Link, Microsoft Office, Nielsen (or other syndicated data) with competency in Prospace.
- Necessary qualities or traits include ambition, initiative and analytical/ problem solving abilities.
- Interpersonal skill set with excellent oral and written communication propensity is also a must.