$80K — $100K *
Purpose of Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to effectively manage Lowe's inbound transportation program to stores and distribution centers. This includes responsibility for ensuring service levels meet expectations and that necessary carrier capacity is in place to support business needs and control transportation expenses. Provide necessary support for expedited loads during weather-related situations. Manage and develop transportation team. Effectively communicate both internally and externally to provide progress reports, status changes and improvement opportunities. This position provides leadership for the inbound transportation team and actively represents transportation in meetings and training with Logistics, Inventory Management and Merchandising regarding transportation issues. This position facilitates and executes proactive resolution of supply chain issues that optimize cost and service.
• Adheres to negotiated carriers and rate guidelines on Inbound movements.
• Provides effective BULK Distribution Center load planning.
• Identifies opportunities to convert prepaid terms to collect and drive back haul.
• Holds bulk distribution center carriers accountable for timely pick-up and delivery.
• Holds Flatbed carriers accountable for on-time store delivery.
• Fosters positive working environment where team performs highly and feels appreciated.
• Follows up on issues and concerns that impede team member success.
• Provide the leadership to identify, resolve and communicate the root cause of complex supply chain issues affecting Lowe’s transportation, logistics, inventory management, and stores.
• Represent Transportation in Supply Chain explaining transportation issues, vendor problems, and working out joint supply chain solutions.
• Provide support for load planning team, both DC and Store Direct, including activities such as adjusting lane parameters, adjusting vendor profile properties, defining pool strategies, etc.
• Maintain all measurements related to each project, supporting departmental goals, planning and setting goals, and review to ensure goals are being met.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and 5 years of experience OR 8+ years of experience in Supply Chain, Transportation, or Logistics
• 3+ years’ leadership experience with direct report responsibility
• 4+ years’ transportation management experience or equivalent
• Familiar with JDA transportation software packages
Valid through: 12/18/2020