PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Manages and focuses on strategic initiatives, daily operations and tactical management that involves a high degree of problem solving for our Care Navigation patients. Makes both business and functional decisions and represents the department on cross functional teams. Administrative responsibility for clinical and non-clinical personnel and is not intended to make clinical decisions outside the scope of the incumbent’s licensure.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the tactical execution of the Care Navigation team’s short- and long-term objectives through the coordination of activities with a direct responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
- Assists in developing policies, procedures, goals and objectives. Tracks and reports results to Care Navigation Team leadership.
- Coordinates activities among multiple Care Navigation call center locations.
- Provides training on existing and new initiatives.
- Occasional travel to Care Navigation/Customer locations and corporate events.
- Monitors, supervises and balances workflow of the Care Navigation Unit.
- Assures company compliance through compliance audits and periodic compliance assessments.
- Provides customer satisfaction through monitoring customer call, handling escalate calls and conducting periodic customer satisfaction surveys.
- Improves job related capabilities through continuing education, professional seminars and technical workshops.
- Manages the coordination of activities of a section or department with direct responsibility for results, including costs, methods, and staffing.
- Interacts with internal departments and external customers; particularly in problem resolution. Acts as an advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Assists with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of Care Navigation staff.
Bachelor’s Degreerequired; Advanced Degree desirable
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6 – 8years’ related experience.
- 3+ years’ supervisory or project/program management experiencepreferred.
- Successful work history of increasing job responsibility.
- Previous successful call center, problem solving and budgeting experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and meeting presentation skills.
- Successful project management.
- Excellent analytical and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, and computer user interfaces.
- Must be organized and detail oriented with a strong bias for follow-up and problem resolution.
- Proven ability to be a team player.
Job ID 1800084F