Manager, Care Management
Alameda Health System is the East Bay's premier patient and family-centered care system. Our level 1 trauma center and teaching hospital are considered among the best in the country. We are committed to continually improving health through individual patient experiences. Our mission, Caring, Healing, Teaching, Serving All, speaks to the vital role we play in the community and the critical responsibility we accept in promoting wellness, eliminating disparities and optimizing the health of a diverse East Bay.
It is a New Day in health care, and it's a New Day at Alameda Health System.
Alameda Health System is located in the beautiful County of Alameda which features beautiful landscapes, diverse populations and famous landmarks. With close proximity to the city of San Francisco, famous sports teams (Oakland Raiders, San Francisco Giants, Golden State Warriors) and some of the world?s most beautiful coast line, the East Bay offers an immersive living experience.
If you've been seeking an opportunity to expand your career in Care Management, consider joining Alameda Health System as our Manager of Care Management at Highland or Fairmont Hospitals! In this role, you will combine your leadership and Case Management expertise to align Highland's care management processes with industry best practice. You'll have the opportunity to make a positive impact on our patients through the redesign of our Case Management practices, and will collaborate with an extensive network of healthcare and industry professionals to help us achieve this goal.
You'll work with passionate Care Managers and providers across Alameda Health System to optimize patient flow and care throughout our entire system. With oversight for day-to-day case management activities at our Level 1 Trauma Center and teaching institution, you will lead facility-wide utilization management, outside medical services, coordination of care and discharge planning for our culturally and socioeconomically diverse patients.
- Manages and assumes responsibility for day to day operations of utilization management, care coordination and discharge planning activities.
- Responsible for the recruitment, orientation, evaluation, counseling and disciplinary action of care management clinical and administrative staff.
- Reviews cases regularly with staff; acts as clinical consultant regarding care management issues; guides clinical staff with review of assessments and care plans, evaluates utilization reviews or documentation
- Serves as a content expert to staff and internal departments and external partners; networks with other hospitals, nursing organizations, and professional organizations to keep abreast of changes within the profession.
- Assists Director in establishing, implementing and ensuring that care management policies, practices and procedures are in accordance with the Joint Commission, Title 22 and other regulatory agencies and overall hospital policies.
- In conjunction with VP and Director, coordinates, develops, and implements action plans to respond to areas felt to be in need of improvement related to patient flow and care coordination across the continuum.
Education: Master Degree in Nursing, Social Work or Social Welfare preferred.
Experience: Five years of clinical nursing experience in a directly related setting (e.g., acute care or Skilled Nursing, etc); three years of case management experience; two years of experience in a supervisory or lead role.
Licenses/Certifications: Active licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California or licensed in Clinical Social Work in California, Active BLS - Basic Life Support Certification issued by the American Heart Association. Certification in Case Management, CCMC or ACM is preferred.
In addition to opportunities for career growth and professional development, Alameda Health System offers a comprehensive benefit package. Perks include employer paid health coverage, voluntary plans, generous Paid Time Off plans and retirement savings options. Relocation assistance may be available.