Industry: Hospitals & Medical Centers•
5 - 7 years
Posted 182 days ago
Health Central Hospital, a part of Orlando Health, is one of central Florida's most progressive healthcare providers. Located in Ocoee/Winter Garden just minutes from Orlando, our facility features a unique design, 212-bed acute care hospital, as well as an Emergency Department. Health Central Hospital’s commitment, attitude and actions reflect 60 years of service to its surrounding communities and neighbors.
The Manager, Care Management Leads the case management and care coordination team in facilitating appropriate use of hospital resources and effective discharge planning and coordination of services to transition patients to the next appropriate level of care.
Bachelor’s degree in health related field or Master’s in Social Work (MSW), Mental Health Counseling (MHC), or Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT).
If Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or health-related field, must possess and maintain RN license in the State of Florida
Five (5) years of related healthcare experience to include two (2) years of experience in Utilization Management, Discharge Planning, Case Management or Care Coordination.
• Manages educational, financial and human resources for the case management and care coordination teams to deliver high quality, cost effective, and responsive patient-focused health care services.
• Coordinates the workload distribution and scheduling of the case management/ care coordination team members to assure adequate and appropriate staffing to meet the needs of patients and families within the Orlando Health network.
• Develops collaborative relationships with the site patient care administrators, medical staff
leadership, managed care contractors, and community leaders.
• Supports positive relationships with payors and develops plans to optimize reimbursement and quality of care.
• Monitors working DRGs and GMLOS assignment as appropriate.
• Implements the performance improvement process to include outcome measurement as it relates to the identification of processes/ strategies/ opportunities that promote population health.
• Achieves results by developing strategies to manage patient care across the continuum, focusing on high risk, high cost and problem prone areas to include patient at risk for re-admission.
• Supports processes for clinical quality/ cost-improvement initiatives/ preventing re-hospitalizations.