Manager, Care Coordination - Registered Nurse- Care Coordination
Manager, Care Coordination - Registered Nurse - Care Coordination - Days
Full-time - 40 hour week - days
Job Summary: Provides for the clinical and administrative leadership in the care of patients. Responsible for staff management and development and the environment of the department. Assumes accountability as delegated by the Director.
Education / Experience: Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing. Knowledge of national, regional, and local nursing trends. BSN required. Masters in healthcare required. 3 years of experience in case management.
Licensure, Certification and / or Registration: Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina. Certification in Case Management within 2 years required.
1. Protects self, co-workers, and facility by following approved policies/procedures to prevent the spread of bloodborne and/or airborne disease(s).
2. Implements and supports the hospitals mission the philosophy of the Department of Care Coordination and divisional objectives.
3. Manages and facilitates quality practice. Identifies and implements changes that enhance effectiveness of patient care delivery. Ensures compliance with regulatory agency standards.
4. Ensures qualified staff to meet patient needs by participating in recruitment and selection of staff.
5. Assures staff development activities promote and maintain clinical competence. Completes employee performance reviews along with conducting timely and meaningful feedback mechanisms. Provides counseling and direction to staff. Serves as a resource for all staff.
6. Develops and maintains systems for seamless efficient delivery of care. Develops and maintains and atmosphere of mutual respect. Coordinates activities with other disciplines and departments.
Maintains current computer functions and facilitation implementation of new technology. Promotes climate of team building and support.
7. Ensures that customer service expectations of patients, families, physicians, and colleagues are met or exceeded. Communicates customer service expectations and assists in development and implementation of strategies to enhance customer satisfaction.
8. Assists with ensuring capital, salary and non-salary expense budgets meet staff needs by analyzing and managing budget variances. Provides documentation and justification for requests.
9. Accountabilities for Six Sigma Green Belt Practitioners:
- Completing at least one Six Sigma project per year as a project leader, or participate in significant team role in two projects per year.
- Providing leadership with scheduled project status updates, feedback, and appropriate reporting on selected projects.
- Preparing and writing a final report on each project per the final project report format.
- Demonstrating knowledge and capability in process management and Six Sigma methodologies.
- Using statistical tools, investigate existing processes for improvement, and expand the use of statistical understanding and problem solving within the department.
10. Ensures/provides age/developmentally appropriate patient care in accordance with Age/Developmental Specific Care Guidelines for the specific age groups served.
Skills and Qualifications:
Contributes to development of others
Ability to make sound and timely decisions
Demonstrates leadership attributes
Organization, planning skills, delegation skills
Results orientation with concerns for appropriate process
Practices fairness and consideration for all employees regardless of race, religion, sex, or other protective class
Provides a support for coworkers
Excellent interpersonal skills, communication and written communication skills
Resilient and flexible in changing environment
Works under stressful conditions and in difficult situations
Case management experience
Basic computer skills
May be exposed to infectious and contagious diseases
May be exposed to radiation hazards
Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals
Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
Subject to many interruptions
Subject to irregular hours
Required Protective Equipment:
Amount of time spent performing the following activities:
0% 35% 65%
to to to
35% 65% 100% N/A Activity
X Reaching with arms
X Finger and hand dexterity
Lifting, carrying, pushing and or pulling:
X 20 lbs. maximum
X 50 lbs. maximum
X 100 lbs. maximum
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Job ID: 22428