This position is to manage Capital Planning Analytical team and reports to the Sr. Manager of Capital Planning. It involves considerable interaction with operational and financial personnel of other departments in order to understand, evaluate and account for capital projects proposed by those departments. The position requires: 1) strong business acumen, 2) analytical skills to evaluate prospectively and retrospectively the financial return on capital projects, 3) the ability to assess current processes, and recommend and implement improvements and the ability to draft clear and concise written memos and graphic presentations that address capital planning matters.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures the Capital Planning policies, procedures and goals are aligned with the Company’s objectives.
- Manages finance professionals to ensure responsibilities are executed.
- Interviews, trains and develops direct report(s); plans, assigns, and directs work.
- Oversee submission of proposed capital requests, newbuild change orders and ship revitalizations.
- Manages extensive cross communication with other departments and senior management to ensure feedback through the capital planning process.
- Prepare the Capital Planning groups budget and quarterly update. Perform period actual to budget/forecast variances, explain differences and recommend actions to mitigate variances going forward.
- Create & manage `Portfolio view of Capital projects, provide insight into overall returns & recommend re-prioritization if necessary.
- Leads monthly capital project reviews and analysis and presents findings to senior management.
- Develop a thoughtful view on Capital spend for the Company’s annual Operating Plan and Strategic Plan, including developing a written summary and supporting presentation.
- Initiates and oversees improvements to procedures, processes and technology.
- Works with external and internal auditors on financial statement items, Sarbanes-Oxley and other audit and review projects, related to this job function.
- Develops presentations and analytical tools to educate / assist senior management.
- Leads or participates in special projects as assigned and performs other duties as required.
- Bachelordegree and MBA required. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) considered a plus.
- 4-6 years finance and project management experience preferably with at least one to two years in capital planning, corporate planning or related field.
- Experience with JD Edwards, Essbase and Microsoft Office preferred
- Process improvement and project management background required
- Strong analytical skills and can think strategically about the cruise/hospitality business
- Highly advanced communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to multi task and work under deadline pressure
- Highly organized