Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Mgr Capital Construction is responsible for capital, reimbursable and agency-related construction activities, projects, and project execution.
- Significant experience in construction management of multiple construction projects and/or programs.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex programs in an operating environment and supervisory experience.
- Directs, manages, and oversees construction and maintenance of capital, reimbursable and agency related projects to ensure that project and/or program scope, cost and schedules are properly developed and maintained, as well as ensuring contractors follow the agreed upon scope, costs and schedule to ensure the goals are achieved.
- Prepares, develops, and implements the development of construction and maintenance, testing, startup, and operation procedures for projects and programs.
- Directs, manages, and coordinates construction of projects and programs to ensure that critical issues are addressed.
- Reviews construction plans, construction specifications, and constructionreports.
- Coordinates capital, reimbursable and agency projects and programs with other departments to ensure adequate resources are available, as well as obtaining track outages, labor clearances, and that labor forces are available as planned and scheduled.
- Assists design projects with site walk-downs and track outage planning and guidance. Prepares construction estimates and schedules.
- Provides weekly and monthly project status reports addressing actual and forecast costs and schedules, change of status, etc.
- The Director Construction is also responsible for preparing force account estimates and tracking force account labor, material, and other resources.
- Additionally, this position is responsible to ensure force account labor and related charges are properly documented and provided to the Finance Department for billing and project cost purposes.
- Demonstrated experience as a manager/supervisor of construction and/or maintenance projects and/or programs
- Demonstrated supervisory/management experience at the senior level. - Extensive project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight time constraints, pressure, and multiple priorities
- Demonstrated skill using PC based software programs, sufficient to prepare effective presentations and business analyses, including spreadsheets, word processing, and project management software.
- Demonstrated ability in conducting effective meetings
- Demonstrated experience communicating orally and in writing within and outside the company
- Ability to work effectively with multiple team members
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
B.S. Degree in Engineering or professional certification.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated years of experience
- Significant experience in construction management of multiple construction projects and/or programs
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex programs in an operating environment and supervisory experience
Education Requirements:Bachelors Degree
Travel Requirements:Up to 25%
Employment Experience Requirements:5 - 7 years of experience