The Manager, Services Accounting andReporting isresponsible for Projectfinance functions (accounting,reporting, cash collections, treasury,financial controls,taxation, etc.) and works closely with project line of business management organizations (Project Management, Project Controls, Commercial management) and maintains oversight on project accounting andreporting, forecasts andbudgets,Tax, Treasury, and the line of business (LOB)reporting and working capital management.
- Responsible for ensuring the preparation of the project financialreports and analysis (including line of business reports)
- Establishes the accounting protocols on the assigned projects in accordance with Company’s policies and contract requirements and IFRS.
- Takes a proactive approach in identifying, communicating and resolving financial and operational matters on projects within the line of business;
- Supports the lines of business Directors/Managers community in controlling the project’s working capital position to ensure the LOB cash position is optimized; Maintains a positive relationship with the the project team;
- Ensures project financial controls are maintained with respect to foreign exchange, cash flow, reporting, bank guarantees etc in coordination with the Senior Director of Project Accounting and Reporting and the Business Unit VP Finance;
- Analyze the contract, and recommend a method for recording revenues and other position papers in accordance with IFRS.
- Analyze and review change orders are treated appropriately from a revenue recognition perspective;
- Provides guidance in areas of bank guarantees, hedging and otherfinancial securities as required; Plays a key role in the identification, challenging project forecasts, and quantification and mitigation of project risks and contingencies and other reserves.
- Ensures adequate training is provided to all Project Accounting and Reporting staff. Supports all Process and Procedures relevant to Project Finance. Supports quarterly and year end Audit requests.
A member of a recognized professional institution and possesses a minimum of ten years experience working within an EPC/M environment in a similar role and with vast projects experience of same size, value and complexity.
The role is part of the management team supporting all projects, and the incumbent will be required to participate in meeting the wider objectives of the project. Key elements of this will be:
- Has the ability to go beyond the boundaries of the financialportfolio and engage risk, commercial management, etc.
- Provides a high level of commercial and business acumen, understands projects and differing project issues and challenges.
- Ethics, Compliance, and HSSE – Leads by example.
- Quality – Continuous improvement.
- People – provides day-to-day assignment, training, monitoring and supervision of Business Unit Project Accountants
- Verbal – At all levels and in terms easily understood by the differing stakeholders
- Written – Providing clear instruction and information relevant for a diverse audience.
- Presentation – Clear and concise.
Negotiation & Influencing:
- Creates a “go to” environment.
- Convincing, persistence, and resilience.
- Client Relationship Management –
- Ability to enforce Company position respectfully but mindful of the longer term business ambitions of the Company.