Join us as a Manager – Business Unit Planning where you will be responsible for leading the dialog between cross-functional teams and all aspects of the S&OP process, strategic demand and inventory initiatives for a Business Unit. This role will be based at our facility in Oak Brook, IL.
The Manager – BU Planning manages the Demand and Inventory Planning functions for a Business Unit (BU). Core function includes strategic and tactical decision-making related to balancing demand and supply, aligning volume and mix with capacity and capability and integrating financial and operating plans with strategic objectives todeliver improved operating and financial results. The Manager leads a team consisting of Demand, Inventory and analytical resources.
- B.S. degree required, preferably in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or Finance. Master's or MBA preferred.
- 5+ years previous experience in one or more Supply Chain functions with an emphasis on Demand, Supply and Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) and/or Integrated Business Planning (IBP). 5+ years prior experience in managing S&OP / IBP process preferred.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of time.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong project and influence management skills to lead cross-functional project teams.
- Exposure to new product commercialization and start-up procedures preferred.
- Highly collaborative leadership style with the ability to lead effectively and handle conflict in cross-functional integration role.
- APICS CPIM / CIRM, CSCP, Lean / Six Sigma, and/or PMP certifications preferred.
- Manages Supply Chain Planning team for a BU responsible for all aspects of demand and inventory planning activities.
- Aligns the S&OP/IBP vision, strategy and processes with BU vision and strategic initiatives in support of optimizing sales growth, margin realization, inventory management and asset utilization.
- Manages meetings with cross-functional teams and with the BU Executives to drive decision-making and alignment on the monthly consensus demand and supply forecasts with rigorous analysis resulting in options, risk scenarios and recommendations.
- Manages team consensus of the monthly S&OP/IBP volume process including maintenance of rolling future month consensus demand plans, development of demand drivers and assumptions and gaining full alignment with the appropriate stakeholders
- Determines optimal inventory for key items across entire supply chain by establishing target levels, assessing safety stock need, customer requirements and establishing a market-driven inventory strategy
- Utilizes inventory management tools to rationalize SKU's and optimize inventory while meeting Product Availability targets.
- Manages Product Life Cycle Management process including new product launches, discontinuations and portfolio optimization.
- Key contributor toward the annual budget and operating plan development process by leveraging ongoing S&OP/IBP demand and supply plans and underlying casualassumptions.