UT Southwestern has an opening for the position of Manager, Business Technology Development,
The Manager, Business Technology Development role will work daily with our students and faculty to promote entrepreneurial learning and growth. This may be one on one coaching sessions, talking to various clubs and classes on campus or planning and carrying out seminars, panels, special events, etc. In addition, this role will also dedicate time to building relationships with entrepreneurs, investors and industry in order to match these partners to our students and faculty in order to help move their technologies forward along commercialization pathways. In this role, you will work closely with our Director of Technology Commercialization and our Director of Blackstone LaunchPad. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of our Blackstone LaunchPad. You will also contribute directly to our big picture vision, strategy, and communications. If you are comfortable being uncomfortable and love to build programs, relationships, and ecosystems; then this may be the role for you.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Hospital Administration, or related field; minimum of seven (7) years' experience in a technology transfer office.
- An advanced degree in science or business is a distinct advantage.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite is required and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite is preferred.
- Leverage market research acquired internally to identify market opportunities to gain competitive advantage and develop specific industry outreach initiatives. Market opportunities in this context means potential licensees of UTSW technology, potential corporate sponsors of UTSW Research or Product Development, and potential investors in UTSW technology.
- Identify potential licensees in industry or non-profit organizations upon receipt of an intellectual property disclosure or confidential discussion with faculty and coordinate such efforts with the molecular or device Directors of Biomedical Product Development.
- Coordinate with the Technology Analyst and Director of Technology Commercialization to manage the inflow of technologies by prioritizing projects for business development efforts.
- Initiate outreach to potential corporate industry research or product development partners with technology opportunities at UT Southwestern and coordinate such efforts with the Managers of Cooperative Research.
- Develop, in conjunction with UTSW Marketing and Communications staff, a strong core communications infrastructure that works effectively with the Office for Technology Development.
- Collaborate with the UTSW Communications Department to identify newsworthy stories in the commercialization and venture aspects of research and product development.
- Collaborate with the Office for Technology Development staff to identify on-campus departments or faculty that are interested in learning of the services that the Office for Technology Development provides to UT Southwestern faculty, students, trainees, post-doctoral fellows, and staff.
- Maintain awareness of the latest methods and models of industry and academic partnering.
- Coordinate and execute on-campus events hosted by the Office for Technology Development.
- Prepare and present various presentations and informational material used in industry outreach efforts.
- Maintain and track business development data in the departmental database for reporting purposes.
- Manage the Business Development Specialist and review their work, as well as complete annual reviews of the Business Development Specialist.
- **Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information