TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single requirement. At TriNet, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every single qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
A Brief Overview
The position is part of the Company's business systems function and leads initiatives to analyze complex business problems to be solved with automated systems. This position advises business groups by providing technical and strategic direction to identify and address business issues and opportunities. This role specifically maintains the overall SOX compliant environment for finance business systems.
United States (Remote)
What you will do.
- Control owner of business process SOX controls for multiple systems and integrations.
- Lead conversations and documentation of functional requirements of systems configuration changes and updates.
- Act as a liaison between technology support team and finance team to scope finance enhancements.
- Develop and implement process improvements to increase Financial Accounting Systems team efficiency and lead to improved internal customer and partner experience.
- Monitors the efficiency and effectiveness of application operations and troubleshooting problems, as necessary.
- Perform root-cause analyses for issues identified during the analysis process, taking necessary corrective action and regularly communicating status updates
- Perform SOX reviews at an appropriately detailed level
- Respond to audit and other ad-hoc requests in a timely manner with complete and accurate information
- Actively participate in cross functional projects, acting as the financial systems lead and ensuring all business requirements are scoped, stakeholders identified, and UAT testing is complete.
- Identifies and documents business scenarios for testing, validates the system functions as intended and determines the most appropriate response to defects
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
- Collaborate with business partners to effectively respond to queries, analyzing root cause and providing solutions (short term and permanent upgrades).
- Manages the staff of department. This includes performance management, coaching, conflict resolution and motivating and engaging. Manage growth and development of personnel, with career development, performance management and succession planning. Administers and maintains overall SOX compliant environment for finance business systems.
- Collaborates with business partners to effectively respond to queries, analyzing root cause and providing solutions (short term and permanent upgrades).
- Manages the colleagues in the department. This includes performance management, coaching, conflict resolution and motivating and engaging. Manages growth and development of colleagues with career development, performance management and succession planning. Plans, manages, and controls the activities of a team that provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating, and developing systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Brings expertise or identifies subject matter experts in support of multi-functional efforts to identify, interpret and produce recommendations based on company system's needs.
- Defines business requirements to set scope and objectives for projects.
- BS or BA degree in Finance or IT Systems or equivalent experience
- Typically, 5+ years of progressive experience with SAAS financial systems, preferably in a large or public company, 7+ years preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Oracle Cloud Fusion experience a plus
- Strong communication skills with the ability to partner across the organization.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and progressive environment with emphasis on policies and process.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, applying analytical principles, documenting, researching issues, resolving problems, proving data analysis, and multi-tasking.
- Experience in managing IT-enabled projects including project and resource planning, conducting user activity testing (UAT) and issue resolution.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner across all levels within the organization.
- Independently follow up on pending issues, take initiative and solve problems. Creative thinker with the ability to rapidly understand the business objectives and present solutions.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain effectiveness and professionalism when experiencing change in work tasks and/or the work environment.
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced environment.
- Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable home or office setting. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position may be considered remote and require reliable and consistent internet service.
The salary range for this role is $105,000 to $189,120. The candidate’s final salary offer will be based on the candidate’s skills, education, work location and experience.
A candidate’s compensation may also include bonuses consistent with TriNet’s corporate bonus plan.
Additionally, subject to applicable eligibility requirements, TriNet offers permanent full-time employees a variety of benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, life and disability insurance, a 401(K) savings plan, an employee stock purchase plan, eleven (11) Company observed holidays, PTO and a comprehensive leave program.
Please Note: TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.